Interior swap issues.

ttopstang

Sep 6, 2007
Birmingham, AL
I came across a 93' mustang lx and it has perfect factory leather interior. He said i could get it for 500$. Thats everything, center console with working ashtray lid, dash, carpet, everything. The only problem is, he said he thinks he heard somebody say that its not a direct fit for my 87. Is this true?

I was looking and the big panels in the back hatch area, and they look more rounded off by where the little access door to the rear shock are. Mine are more squared. At least it looks that way, it was also dark outside so i dont know.

I just need to know what will fit before i commit a saturday to strip it out.

• Sponsors (?)

thanks for the reply.

ill be picking the car apart saturday.

i'll try to take before and after pics. im in the process of painting my car right now too, so im just going to get the interior and cover it with some plastic in my basement until i get finished painting.

Also, will the 93' lx hatch fit the gt? he said he would throw that in and the triangle glass if i wanted it. (mine has very old purple tint and the outside black strip is bad)

It will all fit. I have a 90 interior in my 87. But you will have to do some mods. The plastic quarter panels will need new holes drilled for the seat belt bolts on the B pillar, they are higher on the 90-93 cars. If you get the seatbelts, they have a different mounting tab so you will have to mod the belt tab or the inside of your car. The rears have shoulder belts, thus the differences in the quarter panels by the seats. They have a welded on seat belt mount under the plastic that your 87 does not have. You can weld the mounts to your car, or make the belts work by bolting them to the wheel well like I did.

If you get the dash, it has the fuse panel under the dash, not on the dash like in 87. Also get the AC controls if you want them to bolt right in. They changed the mounting holes, and then you will ahve to lengthen the yellow vacuum line to hook the new one up. If you have the remote fuel door, you will need to make a hole for it. You will have to extend a wire for your dome light reading lamp part, and the 93 dome light mounts differently than the 87. They have a different bracket under the roof. The rear seat bottoms mount differently so get the big "U" shaped seat brackets.

There are probably a few more things I'm forgetting, but you can make everything work if you want to. And $500 for a black leather interior is a good price!