Is cervinis saleen bumper supposed to sag??

mob

the guy who hits on his mom
Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Oct 3, 2003
Dallas, TX
Hey guys just got in my cervinis saleen air damn and i put it up to the car for a little test fit and realized something is really weird about it. The front of it has a small curve, and it forces the center part to sag down. It looks really bad. Is it supposed to do this? As for as the instructions show there is no tape or screws that hold this part up. What gives? Do I need to contact cervinis or is this how its supposed to be?

CAM00335_zps3c67e823.jpg

CAM00338_zps77becd23.jpg

CAM00336_zps44b5dc59.jpg

Attachments

• CAM00335_zps3c67e823.jpg
    CAM00335_zps3c67e823.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 383
  • CAM00338_zps77becd23.jpg
    CAM00338_zps77becd23.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 161
  • CAM00336_zps44b5dc59.jpg
    CAM00336_zps44b5dc59.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 149
  • Sponsors (?)

Cervini is some :poo: man they have those things in stock for ppl who are dumb enough to believe that thats how its supposed to look i had to go through 3 hoods to get a decent one they sent me one with gouges in the middle down past the gel coat and the ups box is un harmed no creases or anything so it wasnt ups

Well I was gonna go with ABC exclusive but I just couldn't beat their free shipping. Everyone else wanted like 170 for freight. I called and talked to Ryan and emailed him some pictures. I am waiting to hear back.

Well I was gonna go with ABC exclusive but I just couldn't beat their free shipping. Everyone else wanted like 170 for freight. I called and talked to Ryan and emailed him some pictures. I am waiting to hear back.
You absolutely do not want ABC stuff. I bought a Saleen wing from them years back, it was wavy as heck, the third brake light wouldn't fit the hole at all and it was all pitted and gouged. That stuff was garbage! Ended up buying a Cervini Saleen, and it was smooth, straight and was perfect on my black car.

My bumper does the same, minimally. Thankfully it's hard to see unless you really get low to look for it. Others around here have had far worse luck, though. It's the urethane. Their fiberglass doesn't sag like that. FWIW, my *rear* bumper is fine and without and sagging.

I've bought 5 hoods and 3 wings from Cervini and have never had a problem with quality or fitment, i including the one I have now. Can't say the same thing for ABC or other cheap brands. I am sure Ryan will do the right thing. That bumper looks like it came out of the mold to quick or something happened in the handling of it.

I have Cervini's stuff, and I like it. Hopefully that sagging is the exception to the rule with the Saleen bumper.

I haven't heard good things about ABC, especially their urethane. A guy on Corral posted up his ABC Cobra rear bumper, and it was shockingly bad.

I gotta be honest, I think most of their popularity is from hearsay. I haven't met a person in real life who was happy with any of their stuff.

I agree with this when it comes to any of their urethane parts. I do believe they make very good hoods, but the urethane stuff leaves much to be desired. I bought their entire Cobra kit and mocked it up on my car. Didn't like the half-assed way anything mounted. None of it mounted like stock. Double sided tape everywhere instead of threaded studs and screws like OEM. Sold everything off for a small loss and bought OEM Cobra pieces for the same price.

I agree with this when it comes to any of their urethane parts. I do believe they make very good hoods, but the urethane stuff leaves much to be desired. I bought their entire Cobra kit and mocked it up on my car. Didn't like the half-assed way anything mounted. None of it mounted like stock. Double sided tape everywhere instead of threaded studs and screws like OEM. Sold everything off for a small loss and bought OEM Cobra pieces for the same price.

OEM Cobra pieces for the same price. How many years did it take you to complete the set?

Not years, days actually. A guy on corral had multiple sets and he was relatively local. Bought side skirts, all fender extensions, and NOS rear bumper for $1k. Should have grabbed one of the rear spoilers he had too.