Is it a 9" Differential?

Someone swapped out the rearend years back on my 67 FB and I'm trying to figure out what I have and if it's worth rebuilding to support the new stroker (450hp+) or get an actual nine somewhere. I have a couple pics but too big to post and the car is at the shop.

The rear view of the housing is oblong, smooth (no center hump) with two dimples on the sides.
There is no filler plug at all anywhere and the axel tubes are not tapered. The number on the carrier is: C60W 4025-A, no other tags. The carrier does have some ribbing but does not match anything that I have found to positively identify it. What the heck is it? I can email pics if you pm me your address.
Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

when you look at the pumpkin, if you can put a socket on all the nuts, then you have either an 8" or 9 3/8" rear end. if on one of the lower nuts you have to use a box end wrench, then you have a 9" rear end.

you can also tell at a glance if you look at the edges of the pumpkin. the 8" rear edge is smooth all the way around the carrier. the 9 and 9 3/8" rears bot have dimples at each bolt hole, so the edge looks scalloped. you cant always tell an 8" from a 9" from the rear of the housing, you have to look at the front.

Robdogg67 said:
The number on the carrier is: C60W 4025-A, no other tags. The carrier does have some ribbing but does not match anything that I have found to positively identify it. What the heck is it?
Thanks

Sounds like my '66 Ford 8"
Dsc01337u.jpg

If you can use a socket to unscrew the bolt under the driveshaft, it's an 8". If you can't fit a socket there and must use a wrench, it's an 9"