Is it just me or does it seem like the Classic Tech board is slowing down?

1320stang

Founding Member
Nov 13, 1998
Edmond, Oklahoma
In years past, you could be away from the board for half a day and have to go back a page just to catch up on all the new topics. Now a half a day might get you 5-6 posts on existing topics. Why does that seem to be?

• Sponsors (?)

Give it a few weeks. I am about to pull my 1966 coupe out of storage and begin restoration. I was given the car in 1981 when I was in high school. It was my car thru the end of HS and thru college and beyond. I finally had to put it away after I got married and had kids. It made a few brief appearances since, only to be put back in storage when I couldn't find time to work on it. Well, gas prices being what they are, it has finally come time to ressurect her one more time (so that I can park the Excursion). This time I have the finances and spousal backing to do it right and completely. I am sure I will have plenty of questions soon.

I should be making the trip to get it the weekend of July 16. I will try and post some 'before' pics and keep everyone updated.

I have been lurking on the site for a while and posted a couple of times while I was trying to make my mind up between doing this or buying a new 2005. This will give me alot more satisfaction. :banana:

I will be posting alot by this winter. Converting a 67 coupe to a fastback.Already have the coupe and the fastback roof and doors. So its a done deal.
Full bare metal rebuild on rotissori. May even go Mod motor.

Kirk

I haven't been around this board too long, but it has been my experience that people spend a little less time on the boards in the summer because they are out driving their stangs. They are on here more in the winter when they are working on the stangs.

All of the questions have not been answered: nobody has told me how to put a jet engine in the Mustang with junkyard parts for under $1,000.
Nobody has posted any questions about how they could build a helistang to get out of traffic jams.
Why can't somebody figure out how to make our cars run off of weeds growing the damned yard? I would have a surplus to sell.

For #3:

Have you looked into a Mr. Fusion? It worked quite well in "Back to the Future II" I believe it will allow your car to run off of all types of general refuse not limited to weeds and yard waste alone. A side benefit would be enough power to also add a Flux Capacitor and the ability to travel through time. ;)

the classic tech has seemed really slow to me also. It seems its always the same questions. If people would use the search feature, very seldom would there be any new threads. It seems as if everything has already been done to Mustangs. The last batch of "tech" is pretty much played out, T5/AOD swaps, rack and pinion, disk brakes, 5.0L EFI stuff, its all been done thousands of times by now. What will be the next big technology retrofit for early stangs?