is it ok to just remove the cmog pump and get a new belt??

Foxfan88

My Grandpa has great wood.
Sep 13, 2004
Miami, Ok
My friend told me yes and no, and didnt clarify, he said to buy the bracket.

I figure i dont need it, i dont have cats and we dont have emmisions tests in OK either.

Can i just unbolt it and get a new belt??

• Sponsors (?)

The only difference (that I can think of) in buying a bracket and running a shorter belt is that with the bracket, you most likely keep your stock-sized belt. Whichever is cheaper would probably be your best bet. A new belt will prob. run you around $35-40.

On my GT, I just have a shorter belt

since he doesn't have Cats and doesn't have emissions testing, he probably doesn't live in California or any other state that tests (obviously). Sounds like he's already decided to go w/o smog, just looking for a method to do it.

How do you guys run w/o the A/C? Do you just not use the tensioner? I was thinking about doing this instead of replacing a costly a/c clutch.

TheUser said:
since he doesn't have Cats and doesn't have emissions testing, he probably doesn't live in California or any other state that tests (obviously). Sounds like he's already decided to go w/o smog, just looking for a method to do it.

How do you guys run w/o the A/C? Do you just not use the tensioner? I was thinking about doing this instead of replacing a costly a/c clutch.
Buy the ford racing kit that moves the P/S pump up to where the A/C use to be.