Is the B&M hammer a good shifter for a AOD?

I'm looking to get an aftermarket shifter for my aod car and I'm wondering if the hammer is a good choice. Does it have the provisions for 1-2-D-OD or just 1-D-OD like the stock one. I don't like doing the 1-D-1 shuffle. I want a shifter where I can shift through the gears like normal without having to pull the shifter back to hold 2nd gear. Is the hammer the shifter for me??

thanks,

Matt

• Sponsors (?)

it retains the stock shift pattern, the only way to change the shift pattern is to change valve bodies, which is inside the tranny.
the hammer basically just locks in every gear.

like you cant just slide from 1st to park in one sweep, you have to ratchet through each gear. Its good for racing so you dont accidently skip D and hit OD

also has reverse lock out, so its impossible to get into R or P without pulling up on the lever.

the shifter is confusing at first but it takes like 5 mins to get the hang of it.

I had one when i first got my car and then sold it and reinstalled the stocker. I actually regret it, it looked good and was functional, the stocker just kind of looks gay now...