Is the Kenne Bell 75mm throttle body 50-state legal?

Ghost001

Dec 9, 2002
California
Hello,

I've decided to order the 1.7L KB! :banana:

However, I also want to get the big tube kit, 90mm MAF, and 75mm throttle body, which is either part number F3003-EC, F3003-NC, F3004-EC, or F3004-NC. Which one do I want? Do they come with a cold air intake kit?

Anyway, I noticed that, on the price list, all of those part numbers have 2 asterisks (**) in front of them, which means that, according to the price list, those parts are not 50-state legal.

In particular, if I look at the 75mm throttle body part separately, which is part number F2004-75, it looks like the 75mm throttle body is not 50-state legal.

Also, I don't see the big tube kit anywhere separately in the price list.

Are those parts 50-state legal?

If not, then should I just get the explicitly 50-state legal part, which is the cool air kit with the 90mm MAF (part number F1019)? It seems like the 90mm MAF is the most critical part anyway, because it gets pegged at 408 rwhp, according to the 1.7L tech tuning tips:
http://www.kennebell.net/techinfo/fo...gtTechTips.pdf

Will the 90mm MAF, by itself, not get pegged at 408 rwhp? Or do I also have to have the 75mm throttle body, big tube, and CAI to avoid pegging?

Also, can I use the 90mm MAF without using the cold air kit? In other words, can I use the 90mm MAF with my stock air filter housing?

Also, do I have to remove the fender, to install the CAI?

• Sponsors (?)

If you live somewhere really anal, I'm sure theyll be concerned with the blower, but after checking that out I doubt theyd ever think twice about your throttle body!?

Ive never heard of removing the fender to install a CAI. Itll take you 10 mins dont worry!

I have the KB will all intake options...75mm TB, 90mm MAF, big tube and so on... and I passed the CA smog check last year without any trouble... My car made less emissions that most of 4 cylinder cars according to the smog shop :nice: :rlaugh:

Jakes said:
Here's a unique idea, why not talk to KB. It seems to me they'd be the most likely people to be able to answer your questions. :bang:

Yes, that would be the logical approach. It's just that I've heard that they are very busy and hard to get in touch with, especially the tech people. I guess I could try, at least.

Do you think the sales person would know the answer to this question? Or would only the tech people know the answer?