Is the Plenum install pretty straight forward?

MotleyCrue

Dec 5, 2003
Cedar Falls, IA
Hi everyone,

I should be getting my Trickflow plenum tomarrow. I am wondering for those of you who have installed the plenum on your car weather it be C&L or Accufab is the install pretty striaght forward? Is it just a matter of unbolting it and bolting it back in then hooking everything back up? I know about the vaccum line so i will see what i can do with that. Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

It involves removing and replacing about a dozen screws, just make sure you don't drop anything down the intake, don't over tighten the screws on the intake (remember that it is made of plastic). If you are also changing out the throttle body be aware Ford uses ver strong locktite on the TPS sensor that you have to transfer, people have had luck with cutting grove in the top and using a flathead screw driver to remove the screws, or simple grinding the head off the stock phillips head screws.

Ike

Isaac-1 said:
It involves removing and replacing about a dozen screws, just make sure you don't drop anything down the intake, don't over tighten the screws on the intake (remember that it is made of plastic). If you are also changing out the throttle body be aware Ford uses ver strong locktite on the TPS sensor that you have to transfer, people have had luck with cutting grove in the top and using a flathead screw driver to remove the screws, or simple grinding the head off the stock phillips head screws.

Ike
Just use a power drill w/ appropriate phillips bit to loosen those screw on the TPS. Worked like a charm!

Isaac-1 said:

Ike

unbolt the egr first while the plenum is still on the car and just so you know you are bolting into plastic the lower intake has metal inserts

the whole thing took about 15 mins at the track
god thing to have for the tps is a impact screwdriver(and for those that dont know a impact screwdriver has nothjing to do with air tools its a screwdriver thatyou hit with a hammer and it spins the head while putting all that pressure ont eh srew so you dont strip it) set will it takes 2mins to get the tps out

On my last car, whenever I messed with the TPS I had to reset it (there was an adjustment range.) Is this not the case with the SOHC Modular V8s? I'm assuming there is no adjustment and it simly bolts right on in the same position (the only position possible.) Can you verify this for me? If that's the case, a plenum install should be a breeze.

BMan5150 said:
On my last car, whenever I messed with the TPS I had to reset it (there was an adjustment range.) Is this not the case with the SOHC Modular V8s? I'm assuming there is no adjustment and it simly bolts right on in the same position (the only position possible.) Can you verify this for me? If that's the case, a plenum install should be a breeze.

No it does not need to be readjusted like the 5.0's. Its preset on the plenum!

I am installing my C&L at this moment, with a Accufab 70mm TB, I noticed the TB is smaller diameter than the Plenum, should the TB be enlarged where it connects to the plenum????You know for a smoother transition ?? Thanks,
Bob