Is there a way to check ptvc with out push rods. Grady here is your tech.

• Sponsors (?)

bjl95mustang said:
My push rods wont be in untill monday :(. Is there a way to check the ptvc with out them?

Could you get some other sort of metal rod and cut it to the same length as your pushrods to use?

EDIT: After thinking about it, it probably wouldn't be accurate enough would it? We're talking thousandths of an inch huh?

Ok, I just found a push rod that a buddy gave me. It's from a 351 and it's about 8.200 and mine are 7.750. in theroy it should work but the rockers will cust sit on the valves too far forward.

Well Brandon

The longer pr might cause spring bind. If it doesn't, then a ballpark figure could be found by subtracting the difference in length.

I'd rather have the correct length so you can check for the wear pattern on the valve tip anyway.

btw, having any fun putting that new combo together, lol???

Later
Grady

I have checker springs installed right now. I just want to make sure I wont have ptvc issues becuase my vic jr's are milled .042 thou to get a 57.5cc. So I could get my 10.5:1 cr. My eagle kit came with custom -19.3 dish pistons. They really were made to get a 10.5:1 cr with a 58cc head like the afr's. The pistons dish pretty good then have the relifs past that.