Is this 5.0 worth $8k?

Hmmm 8k...what could i do to my '85 with 8k...well, a heck of a lot more than is in that list, that's for sure. The 306 could cost 8k alone, just depends on what's inside it. Maybe it's a stock 200k mile block that's just been bored over a little and has stock rods and crank...maybe it's a monster race prepped and balanced 306...those arent the most expensive heads, and they could be had for pretty cheap used...for my opinion i'd have to have pics at the very least, and if it were me i'd drive the heck out of it (which if it's your friend's car shouldnt be a problem) But in the end it's just like everyone's said, it's all your call. I've got about 4500 into my notch, and it's worth about half that at the most, but that's all the money i've spend on the car i traded for this one too. If you have the space/time/tools/knowhow to build your own stang you'd be better off taking that 8k and doing it yourself.

• Sponsors (?)

Way too much

blackcobra said:
Im really interested in this car but the lowest the owner will go is 8K.

*1990 GT with 106k miles on body just re-painted silver with dark blue stripes
*Built 306 with 6k miles
*Edelbrock heads 6037's, 1.7 RR's
*Extrude & honed cobra intake
*NOS 100-150 shot
*30lb injectors and matching Mass Air
*4 point roll bar
* 5" tach and 5 othe atometer gauges and gauges are nicely wired and mounted
*Brand new draglites and BFG DR's
*BBK headers and O/R H-pipe with mac catback
*Cobra R hood and saleen wing
*Pro 5.0 shifter and 355 gears
*The car is extremely clean in and out with gray and black leather interior.

Everything on the car is brand new and runs great, I have the cash and will probably get it tommorow, what do you think?

Honestly, and remember I live in southern Ca- I don't know where you are, 8k will buy you a built beautiful mustang with a blower etc. The car you described could be had for less than 6k out here. You could build a car like that for 8k. Think before you spend.

tvmango said:
Yep.. Guages and stuff are cheap, gears and shifter, cheap, a 306 is the cheapest engine to do, does it have stock rods , crank etc?? 4 point roll cage is for looks, all I'm saying is you add everthing value up "used prices" And all those parts are cheap.. Not doggin it, but just given my opinion, probably has had the bag beaten out of it also..get it checked out man, and run a report on it. I hope it's what he wants, just wouldn't be a good investment in my opinion.

no way you can make a point good guages cost big money ever price an autometer guage electronic, it will cost you well over 200 bux for one guage, gears cost about 250 bucks to install and 150 for the gears themselves. Aluminum heads are over 1k, no way that car has cheap modes, even a full exhuast cost 600-1000 dollars.