Is this a death knell or can it be fixed

So got my car home that she has been waiting years for to find this in the trunk, can it be fixed

Attachments

• 3331C7D5-2C6B-4B89-AB5E-D8F9AEAB2006.jpeg
    3331C7D5-2C6B-4B89-AB5E-D8F9AEAB2006.jpeg
    322.3 KB · Views: 126
  • Sponsors (?)

Here is what I dealt with with my Fox. Basically same floor.

IMG_0178.JPG

The floor pan had rotted, but the frame rail was solid, so I repaired it. I repaired it in sections.

IMG_0192.JPG IMG_0195.JPG IMG_0202.JPG IMG_0231.JPG

Had the issue with both rear frame rail sections. My belief is moisture, crud get into the rail from below and it just sits and rots.

Here is what I dealt with with my Fox. Basically same floor.

IMG_0178.JPG

The floor pan had rotted, but the frame rail was solid, so I repaired it. I repaired it in sections.

IMG_0192.JPG IMG_0195.JPG IMG_0202.JPG IMG_0231.JPG

Had the issue with both rear frame rail sections. My belief is moisture, crud get into the rail from below and it just sits and rots.
Yea my frame rail is there, not gonna lie a lot more rust than I thought, when I inspected it I knew it had rust and did not see any holes in the floor or anything but really wishing I would have checked the trunk it appears that might be how the moisture got to the quarters. But the rear frame section has rust flaking off, though no rust through that I can see. I am willing to put some money into this though since my wife has been waiting for a comp orange 04 car, trying to find a body shop to at least quote removing the rust from the frame rails to see what is left. I am ok with putting a few thousand in. As for the front the rails look solid, towers have one little hole which I can patch myself, but my rear is a nightmare but not giving up on it.

Last edited:
This is pretty much what the whole back half looks like underneath.....but I'm not giving up on this car, living in Michigan, unfortunately, most cars I see are like this. Hoping a shop can fix that up at least even if I have to part with my Harley. I knew going in this was a project, and will be keeping this even after I get my Mach1 in a few years once the kids are out of school

Attachments

• IMG_2216.jpg
    IMG_2216.jpg
    317.1 KB · Views: 82
  • stang.jpg
    stang.jpg
    324.7 KB · Views: 80
Reactions: 1 user