Iso 1975 302 Frame Mounts

WalterE

Dec 22, 2017
I'm buying a 302 and a c4 auto trans out of a 1978 mustang II but the guy got the engine from a friend and doesn't have the frame mounts, and I can't find anyone that sells them. My car is a 1975 factory 302 car that a previous owner put a 191 (2.8L) v6 in it has a c4 currently in it so I'm hoping the trans will mount up the same.

• Sponsors (?)

Where are you located? I have a couple of V8 parts cars (rolling chassis) here in Southern Michigan, and I think one of them might still have the frame mounts. The engine mounts are usually the hard part to find, so I hope you have those! As for the trans, you will need to use the V8 trans but it will bolt onto the cross-members the same. (The bell housings are WAY different, ditto flywheels/convertors)

@74stang2togo

Not sure this goes here.

I'm buying a 302 and a c4 auto trans out of a 1978 mustang II but the guy got the engine from a friend and doesn't have the frame mounts, and I can't find anyone that sells them. My car is a 1975 factory 302 car that a previous owner put a 191 (2.8L) v6 in it has a c4 currently in it so I'm hoping the trans will mount up the same.

Is this a question or are you trying to purchase a part?

@74stang2togo

Not sure this goes here.

Is this a question or are you trying to purchase a part?
Moved with redirect, looks like both, but with an emphasis on trying to locate a source.

Bstang71 from MustangII.net buys and sells V8 frame mounts, motor mounts, and rebuild kits for the motor mounts. Unfortunately, MustangII.net seems to be permanently gone, and I'm not sure I still have his contact info. I'll look tonight and let you know.

I would like to buy a set or know if anyone has a source to buy new/refurbed. I'm located in Canada, B.C so parts cars are few and far between usually. I followed your previous comment on someones post about the bstang71 guy but the forum was close and redirected

bstang71 is Brett McHugh. He's on Facebook and sells rebuild kits through http://www.sscenterprises.net/4images/details.php?image_id=153 Sometimes he has mounts on hand. You can also check with Phil Schmidt of Mustang II Specailty Shop 334 298-3038, also on FB. Facebook Mustang II groups have a lot of connections. I miss the old MustangII.net site but it seams like everyone is moving to social media now...

Reactions: 1 user