Issue with 2nd gear (vid)

• Sponsors (?)

No, but it does the same thing you see/hear there. It takes a little more strength to pull it into 2nd gear when casual driving. Almost like it is getting caught on something. I'm hoping the 3650 TSB will fix this issue though!

A few things...check your stop bolt on the Tri-Ax I know 4rth looks good from your video but best to check it out. Does it grind at all if you try to shift quickly to 2nd? If that's the case you might have burned out the syncro. If that's not the case it might be the common 3650 problem but I've never seen it in person so I can't give insight on it.

Good luck

I'll triple check the stop bolt but I don't see how that could be the problem. To me it seems like a bad synchro. It grinded once and makes an annoying metalic clack sound sometimes. Not the normal sound for a tri-ax but a clack. I'm going to get that on video one day as well. That is, if the 3650 TSB doesn't fix it :)

Does it do this all the time? Did it just start happening? When did you install the Tri-Ax? Take the console off and row thru the gears. If that doesn't show you anything, then take the rubber boot off and see if you can tell what is causing the notchiness.
Part of this may be inherient to the TR-3650, but yours seems to be really 'clicky'. Nice video - that really helps describe the problem.

Installed:
Steeda Tri-Ax Tremec 3650 05 May 2004 21,072 miles

It started doing it about 1500-2000 miles ago. I have almost 29k miles on the car so it doesn't seem like the shifter would be the cause. I'll rip it apart and see though.

Mine does the clicky 2nd gear thing, but not all the time (like yours appears to do - I'll have to try it cold tomorrow am). About 6 months left of the factory 3/36...so it'll likely hold together just fine and then completely fall apart in 7 months!