It finally looks like a car!!!

MAC'n89Blckstng

Jun 11, 2003
NJ
I mocked up the 88 today so I can begin the body work on it. Its weird seeing a GT around cause I'm so used to my daily 91 LX. Enjoy!
DSCN3322.jpg

DSCN3321.jpg

DSCN3320.jpg

DSCN3319.jpg

DSCN3318.jpg

DSCN3317.jpg

DSCN3316.jpg

DSCN3315.jpg

DSCN3314.jpg

DSCN3313.jpg

DSCN3312.jpg

DSCN3311.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

hell yeah man, can't wait to see the finished project! reminds me of my car when i was painting it. isn't the engine bay smoothed too?

Sure is!, I will probably have more time under the hood than I will have doing the body work and paint on the outside of the car! lol

DSCN3323.jpg

DAMN good looking! Do you have the wiring done on the dash yet? If not, I would love to help ya!

I wish I could find a T-Top Notch to do the swap too....

Yea I finished the wiring about a week and a half ago. Thats why the dash and everything is in it now. I wanted all that done before I moved onto the body work!

oh yeah! how did i forget about your bay :drool: :drool: :drool:

one of these days i'm going to do that to my bay when its not my DD and i can afford the down time.

your car is going to be AMAZING. :nice:

I didn't know your car was your daily! I love your car, the wheels are awesome. I have the same ones for the 88 except they are 17x8 and 17x9's with the rivets in them. And thanks for the comments, I hope to show it alot next year when I get it on the road. My ultimate goal is to get a magazine article on it. Not tryin to brag sayin my car is totally worth being in a magazine, it would just be really cool and I'd also be able to get my name out there since I do this crap for a living.

hahah I remember you sayin that you wouldn't do an engine bay cause it doesn't do much for you lol or somethin like that. Next up is rons engine bay haha

i know i know, but i see yours an its changed my mind. guess im in line after ron. just start signing your name in the engine bay when its done haha. mine will be a single color but im sure its a pita, not a body (car lol) guy so thats where you step in lol. its getting closer an closer to the trade for the notch!!!!

You have to see the bottom radiator support he made with an exhaust pipe! Looks killer! Very clever, one of a kind! :nice:

yeah i remember it now that you mentioned it! that is a really good idea!

I didn't know your car was your daily! I love your car, the wheels are awesome. I have the same ones for the 88 except they are 17x8 and 17x9's with the rivets in them. And thanks for the comments, I hope to show it alot next year when I get it on the road. My ultimate goal is to get a magazine article on it. Not tryin to brag sayin my car is totally worth being in a magazine, it would just be really cool and I'd also be able to get my name out there since I do this crap for a living.

yeah it's currently my DD as of a few months ago when i sold my DD to pay some bills :(. i really need to find a winter beater soon so i don't have to drive her in the snow. if the exterior of your car is even a fraction of the quality of your bay then i think your car will easily be noticed by a zine. haha i don't think you're trying to brag, arrogance and confidence are two separate things and having confidence in your work isn't bad at all.

Thanks for the kind words man! I really love what I do for a living. Doing quality work is what I live for. I hate doing things the wrong way. I want my work to look just as good 10-15 years down the road as it does when I finish it!

No it does not. and you have to delete the hole for the wiring from the GT wing and drill a new hole. The wing comes with things to drill the holes for the center support things in the wing.