It never ends! tranny/clutch problem????

chuckstang95

Nov 1, 2004
Boston
So, awhile back I was having this problem, where I could not change gears while not moving with the clutch depressed. So...I took it in to my shop and I swaped out my centerforce clutch, for a new Ram clutch, and the problem went away. (I do have an aftermarket quadrant with firewall adjuster)
Now, about 4 months later, I am noticing the same type of problems, where my shifter does not want to move at a standstill or real slow speeds. It just seems to stick in the gear. It shifts fine when moving at a decent speed and there is no slipping or any takeoff problems or any problem speed shifting.
I just was wandering if anyone has any idea what this could be, because apparently it was not the clutch like my shop thought, because the problem is coming back.
Im sorry to write such a long message but I am at the point where I may just have to sell the Cobra for a reliable car because as awsome and fast as this car is, I just cant stand to keep dumping money into it and having it sit at a shop. thanks
Aslo...... So I just went through my receipts back to when I had my quadrant installed, and it says it was a MPE Racing Adjustable clutch quadrant kit that was $70 and they used a 96-98 clutch cable part #FM XR3Z-7535-CA
If anyone could please tell me if that cable should not have been used in my 99 Cobra. I would greatly appreciate it. I just am wandering if there is a difference in the 96-98 cable and the 99 cable?
thx alot

• Sponsors (?)