I've still got problems. Someone help....

haulbalz

Founding Member
Apr 6, 2002
The more I read up on everyones hp/tq levels, the more dissatisfied I am with my car... I did a H/C/I on my car with all the supporting mods, yet I am only dynoing 246 rwhp...? I find it very odd that people with my same combination are pulling 300 rwhp. There must be something god awful wrong with my car. On the other hand, it seems to pull really good. seems very powerful. I just don't know what's going on. Sorry for the long post, i just need some helpful opinions.....

• Sponsors (?)

I'd start with taking a look at the plugs, and check to see if they show any telltale signs of being really lean or rich. After that, I'd probably run a compression check if they look ok. Something is definitely off to be that low, when other people with the same combo are hitting 300+ rwhp. Keep us posted!

I would agree that it sounds kinda low, but depends on if it was a mustang dyno, or dynojet.
I would check for codes, check vacuum, compression test, and more basics like checking plugs, wires, fuel filter, clean maf, (or if you can chk voltage to maf), exh leaks near header, maybe valvetrain misadjusted?