I've Tried Everything.. Please Help, 95 Cobra..

RioRed95Cobra

Apr 7, 2017
I have a stock motor, vortech s trim, 70mm bbk t.body, 90mm maf, 255 in tank, yadda yadda..

Car ran just fine before all this, but since we've done the swap and the new valve covers don't allow for an egr, i'm deleting it. I yanked the smog pump, egr, tab and tad, egr solenoid, and that whole thing that sits inside the inner fender.. now..

The car starts, but runs extremely rich, and will not idle any lower than 1200.. I mean will not. Usually it starts up and rockets immediately to 3k rpms and hangs.. then drops to 2k.. then to 1500.. then eventually 1200 to 1400.. but will not go lower.. car is set to 10* best I can determine... should I bother rotating my distributor back just a tad or naw?

Iac works fine. TPS good. Vac lines all seem to be plugged and hooked up proper.. the t.body seems to be leaking just a touch.. but not nearly enough to cause the 3k surge at startup and then hang at 2k for a period of time.. i'm talkin' it barely does anything if I press hard, but does close it juuuust a touch more.

Gotta be something else.. how exactly do the vacuum lines run from the intake? I have one going to the evap canister and one is to the pcv...

The others are all capped or missing at this point.. but wtf? A few days ago with the tab and tab on, the car idled and ran fine.. now with them off.. and plugged up... nada... ?

Odd. Halp.

Any ideas? Thanks all..

• Sponsors (?)

Ok lemme ask ya this.. how much timing should I be running? 10* or less? Pullied to make 8/9 lbs..

I am setting it to 10 btdc with the light.. spout out.. take a bit out and see if that drops the idle?

I'll look at the fpr. Thanks.

Another issue.. during the initial fire up and such a few days ago.. the MAF was temp. installed.. it fell out.. and outta the fender well onto the garage floor..

Good chance it's toast, huh? Would also cause this running rich/high idle yes? Was brand new before all this.. car ran great other day.. that happened.. now it's running like :poo:..

F.

I doubt you broke the maf by dropping it from that low of a height, but the again if it was working fine before the drop, then maybe? As for the timing, base timing should be set to 10 degrees BTDC, spout connector out, on a warm idle engine.