JBA Headers - Anyone installed some yet?

Jenns01TA

Mar 31, 2005
Anyone have these yet? JBA Cat4ward ceramic Shorty Headers for 4.0L

Stout price of $623.00...

Header Material: Stainless steel
Header Finish: Silver or Titanium ceramic coated
Header Style: Shorty
Primary Tube Diameter (in): 1 1/2
Collector Diameter (in): 2 1/2
Equal Length: No
Primary Tube Gauge: 14-gauge
Collector Attachment: Ball and socket flange
Flange Style: Standard
Flange Thickness (in): 3/8
Bolts/Studs Included: No
Gaskets Included: Yes
Reducers Included: No
Y-Pipe Included: No
Quantity: Sold as a set.

jba-1617jt_w.jpg

Attachments

• jba-1617jt_w.jpg
    jba-1617jt_w.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 152
  • Sponsors (?)

Hey hamidlmt - you may be my missing link... Do you have a dyno chart with the JBAs? What other mods ya' got on your 6? I will assume you have a manual. Most fellas do.

That sounds sweet! I love the titanium finish.

Let me know and thanks!

Jenn

I don't have a dyno chart yet. I'll dyno when I get a CAI and tuner... wating on the C&L or Ford Racing.

Other mods... K&N drop-in filter and JBA duals (y-pipe version)... and, I actually have an auto. Increasing amount of stop and go traffic in the area and it made sense... plus, I saw it, sat in it, drove it... couldn't have any other car.

Here's a clip when I just had the JBA headers a single GT-take off axle-back:
http://transcendingtouch.com/mustang/05v6_gtmuffler_jbaheader.mp3

IMO, the headers are the key to opening up the exhaust. They provide a HUGE sound improvement (it actually surprised me when I first fired 'er up) and quicker, harder revs.

JBA's site has a dyno of the Ranger's 4.0L engine with headers and exhaust... they get a 17hp gain... I'd guess headers and a cat-back on the Mustang are right on up there.

hamidlmt said:
I don't have a dyno chart yet. I'll dyno when I get a CAI and tuner... wating on the C&L or Ford Racing.

Other mods... K&N drop-in filter and JBA duals (y-pipe version)... and, I actually have an auto. Increasing amount of stop and go traffic in the area and it made sense... plus, I saw it, sat in it, drove it... couldn't have any other car.

Here's a clip when I just had the JBA headers a single GT-take off axle-back:
http://transcendingtouch.com/mustang/05v6_gtmuffler_jbaheader.mp3

IMO, the headers are the key to opening up the exhaust. They provide a HUGE sound improvement (it actually surprised me when I first fired 'er up) and quicker, harder revs.

JBA's site has a dyno of the Ranger's 4.0L engine with headers and exhaust... they get a 17hp gain... I'd guess headers and a cat-back on the Mustang are right on up there.

well, if you were surprised about the headers... wait until you get a tuner... especially since you have the auto... With the stock tune the torque limiters are really going to de-rail any performnace gains you get... You need a tuner to unleash it....

Scrming... I've been following your posts about Lideo's tunes... I think ya have me swayed! But... I'm waiting until I get an intake and he has tunes for that intake.

I am really looking forward to the tune!

hamidlmt said:
Scrming... I've been following your posts about Lideo's tunes... I think ya have me swayed! But... I'm waiting until I get an intake and he has tunes for that intake.

I am really looking forward to the tune!

Not speaking for Lidio and Alternative Auto... but I think Lidio can adjust for any type of intake... Basically he tuned for my MMR by looking at the datalogs... made some adjustments and bang.. it was done... Car runs like a champ... LOL

Now I have both parts of my equation. Just going to see what happens with John's Zex shot at the track and a few duckets and I'm back in the saddle again. LOL....

Track time for mama.... Hahahahaha....

It's been a while, but it's like riding a bike.

Thanks fellas....

Jennifer