JH96GT *OFFICIAL* 2010 NFL Thread

What bothers me is that the jets did not play that well on offense. Lots of dropped balls and bad throws but they still come away w/ the win anyway.


Well my top pick over all is now Green Bay. Id like to see them take it over anyone else left

LOL wow there is a serious dark cloud over this franchise in the last 5 years..

2006- they blow a rather large lead over the colts and loose the afc championship game
2007- overblownBSgate and getting flat out outplayed in the SB
2008- season over in the first quarter week 1
2009- fraud team with a bad defense lucky to be 10-6
2010- One and done to the jets of all teams..


This one is just SHOCKING.. unlike the 07 team that stumbled into the postseason with close wins this team was on fire.. This team had a 8-1 record against quality teams and looked like the only true dominant team in the NFL peaking at the right time..

jets defense played a good game and brady in particular really played a very poor game, he looked confused, did not see open guys just a bad overall game. Plus the jets did not turn the ball over, one of the big reasons the patriots had a killer second half of the season was the amount of turnovers the defense was generating, they gave up a lot of yards but forced turnovers..

Well I hope the steelers beat the jets because I really don't want to see the jets even appear in a SB. I have gone my entire life without seeing it and I would like to keep it that way. My dad told me what it was like to see the jets win a SB and it sounded horrid and awful so I am praying to the football gods tonight for a steelers win.

I never thought that the jets would win this game but I thought it would be a good game. I was trying to tell some coworkers that just because NE won the last game 45-3 does not mean this will be a cakewalk, blow outs like that are a aberration and kind of benefited the jets since they had all the reason to play at a higher level and I imagine for some of the patriots the 45-3 win gave them a false sense of security.

The jets play tough hard defense and punched them in the mouth, they hit the receivers at the line and often after the line and disrupted timing. and I hate to say this but this patriot team is much like the early 2000's colts, you hit them at the line and down the field and throw the timing off and they grind to a halt.



I am making a terrible towel out of a old yellow towel I have.
 
Yeah Mike wave those yellow towels!

I agree the last win being such a blow out gave a false sense of security. No matter how much bellicick tries to talk up how good and how hard they are to beat the fact remains they just blew them out 45-3 a few weeks prior and that had to be stuck in their heads. Not that I think the patriots take any game lightly after the 07 SB loss the fact remains they did not show up. Not as bad as the Ravens loss at home last year but I think the 2 major plays that turned this game around was the INT that brady threw b/c it really looked like they were going to drive down and score a TD and I think that would have changed the way the game was going b/c the jets were getting very confident. Also the first onside kick that was run back almost to the endzone. If they had stopped them at mid field and were able to hold them off then perhaps they could have gotten the ball back and scored w/ more time in the clock then what they had to work with. They even would have had a chance if none of those things changed and they just recovered the second onside kick.

Either way its all over now and what could or should have happened does not matter. Just sucks that Rex and the players ran their suck all week long then came into THEIR HOUSE and backed it all up. I hate pitsburgh as well but for one week I can route for them and I hope Green Bay can dispatch of Chicago.
 
The Pats suffered the same syndrome the Saints did against the Seahawks. They figured to just show up and it was done.


and IMO in that case the gag order on no smack talking or talking to the media I think hurts the team. If the Patriots where allowed to speak their mind perhaps they would have been more fired up and more aggressive. Instead they just sat back all week and took all the punch's. By not allowing to say anything IMO they were already a beat team by the time they walked on the field.

I know what belichick has done w/ that team is amazing but I think at times you need that extra seomething from the other team.
 
Well looks like Green Bay is off to the big game! Good for them. Game was closer then I thought it would be but the had the lead the whole game.

Lets hope the steelers can dispatch of the $hit talking jets!!!!
 
although I don't care for either team, it should at least be a good game.

I wish it would end in a tie though

+1


but being a browns fan, I must go for the pack. I will neveh be able to root for the squellers. Although, I been rooting against them since playoffs started and they keep winning, so, if I root for them, maybe the will lose :chin:
 
I see people are once again saying that the steelers won because of a "questionable" call by the refs...in this case, the forced Sanchez fumble, which was clearly not moving forward when it was knocked out, but some people are vehemently arguing that it was. Sigh...

Why is it every time the steelers win a big game, there's always some "questionable" call involved and people bring out the "Hurr Steelers paid off the refs" bit?