JT..sold the stang, bought another toy.

drakesdad

Jul 29, 2005
Oregon OHIO
Had to break down and sell the stang......buy a more suitable vehicle for Ohio weather........
33184B_4.jpg

33184B_1.jpg

33184B_3.jpg

At least it is close to Opal Frost....:rlaugh:

Will

Attachments

• 33184B_4.jpg
    33184B_4.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 70
  • 33184B_1.jpg
    33184B_1.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 69
  • 33184B_3.jpg
    33184B_3.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 80
  • Sponsors (?)

Damn, we're dropping like flies around here. :( That's a good looking truck though! :nice: I always liked the 97-04 F150 with the stepside bed. I have a Jeep to serve as my DD/winter car, so the Mustang doesn't have to. Having 4x4 in a midwest winter is a beautiful thing.

I tought about selling the mustang too...But the mustang bug bit me and i am looking for my 3rd one. I wouldn't mind having a truck tho. I already need it to haul parts around. may be i will sell one of my import and get a truck too...hmmm..But i am too attached to my cars. I don't wanna sell any of them.:shrug:

Damn, we're dropping like flies around here. :( That's a good looking truck though! :nice: I always liked the 97-04 F150 with the stepside bed. I have a Jeep to serve as my DD/winter car, so the Mustang doesn't have to. Having 4x4 in a midwest winter is a beautiful thing.

Matt, man do I know what you mean......crazy.....

Hollywood...the one I got rid of I was not that attached to.....it was the Teal stock 95......I still have the important one......Long live the Opal.....

Title was a running joke with JT, he and Grady call my bluff on about 4 of these type threads......Wife and I were looking at Terminators and GTO'S...we both love the GTO's.....but I decided just to hold off until next year after Tax and bonus time...and see where the economy is headed before dropping that type of bread....this will do me for the winter....then we will see.........
Going to be hard times to get me to drop the Opal Matt.......I told the buyer of the TEAL 95 he has to join, he said he would keep in touch and let me know how the mods were coming.....gonna have to hit him up in a couple of weeks if I don't see him on here....

That is indeed a sharp lookin truck my friend!

My first thought was that your original AODE car was gone but I knew better after remembering that you still had the 5 speed car as well. Whew.

I'd have done the same thing as you. It was common to drive heavy RWD cars (LTD's, etc) around in Alaska (before FWD and AWD were popular) and they sucked in the snow.

Nice pick-up on the ummmm pick-up. :nice:

That is indeed a sharp lookin truck my friend!

My first thought was that your original AODE car was gone but I knew better after remembering that you still had the 5 speed car as well. Whew.

I'd have done the same thing as you. It was common to drive heavy RWD cars (LTD's, etc) around in Alaska (before FWD and AWD were popular) and they sucked in the snow.

Nice pick-up on the ummmm pick-up. :nice:

Wow, bringing back the memories of late 70's LTD's, what about the 77 Monte Carlo....all front end motor, and no azz end weight....:rlaugh: I had both.....not in
Alaska though....
So far as the truck.....some $ was put in it at some time...don't know what if anything done to motor beside some "youthful" painting.....has a xpipe and cylinder type mufflers...sounds great....I saw air horns under the hood and got excited...but they are not the loud ones...:mad:...can always change them...neon under the hood...that's coming out....and about 4 straight to the battery connections with fuse l links....will have to follow them back and disconnect any unwanted items.......the digital speedometer does not work so I want to trace that down but all in all a good play in the snow truck......won't really get driven but on weekends if me and the kids need to go out....still have the Explorer work truck for commuting......oh and the crazy thing..I wasn't a big fan of the hood scoops..they are the kind most people tape down and I noticed these were screwed in........looked late last night and they are fully functional.......the hood has been cut under both scoops so the engine should vent well.....

I am also debating on selling my mustang. After all the money dropped on the car in the last couple months...

Who knows, maybe when I come home I will fall back in love with it.. but I am quite known for losing interest quite fast.

Now looking into an s2000 :-\.

Yeah, we used to put tons of bags of sand in the trunk to keep those big cars going straight. We didnt have any other options and it was no biggie. Now people freak if driving a RWD car. I liked how big those old LTD's and other cars were. If you ran off the road or got hit, you had a LOT of metal around you to protect you. For those that don't know, if you drive a modern econobox into an LTD, the LTD will have a scratch and the other car will be totalled.

Get us some more pics. It looks like a smooth ride!

Considering that I live in a snowbelt area, I put mine away for the winter, thankfully I have that option....Wife is always pestering me to sell it, as she never drives it! Me soon as the weather breaks and the snow is gone and I can drop the top its out of storage! I can't even think of going without the rag top during the summer months...