Just bought '04 Mach 1

A Mach 1 has a DOHC, similar to the '99 & '01 Cobras. And yes, it pulls harder in higher rpms because that's what both the SOHC and DOHC engines are designed to do. It's not so much that the motor lacks any low end torque, it's that there is so much more torque up top where it was designed to run.

FWIW, I can drive around town all week without having to go above 3000 rpms in my GT with stock 3.27's. But even if I don't need to I'll hit an entrance ramp just to get to the upper rpms where the power is. My friends think my car is too obnoxious to cruise at 30 at 4000 rpms on the way to the grocery store :crazy:

• Sponsors (?)

FWIW, I can drive around town all week without having to go above 3000 rpms in my GT with stock 3.27's. But even if I don't need to I'll hit an entrance ramp just to get to the upper rpms where the power is. My friends think my car is too obnoxious to cruise at 30 at 4000 rpms on the way to the grocery store :crazy:

I thought you were supposed to cruise at 30 at 4,000 rpms just in case someone sneaks up on you?? :shrug: :D