Just Bought A 95 5.0

ChrisB19

Mar 11, 2016
Hey guys - New to the forum...This is my second 5.0 Mustang, but i'ts been about 6-7 years since the last. Last one was an 89 LX that ran consistent 12.30s. The new one might run 15.30s lol.

It's a 95 5.0 5 Speed with 119k miles. The previous owner I bought it from has had it since 1997 and has driven it about 1000 miles/year for the last 10 years (so he says, ha)! I always like that when buying a car! I paid 3k for it, which IMO was a pretty good deal. She has a few cosmetic enhancements, but drive train wise is 100% bone stock. Again, another plus as most of these cars have been trashed by dumb dumbs.

When I was test driving the car, I was laughing because of how slow it is. Crazy how your perception of a fast car in back in the day changes once you've actually been around fast cars for a while.

I don't have huge plans for it - it needs a few small things that just comes with being a 20 year old car, but overall she seems solid and runs good. Of course I intend on doing exhaust, and thinking 3.73 would be a good gear for it, add a CAI and maybe do u/d pullies. Try to get it into the mid 14s so I can keep up with my neighbors Toyota Sienna. We all know how this works though, it's a disease. I'd love to build a motor for it, but I have a kid, and a wife so that's out for now.

It has 17" Takeoffs that are missing two centercaps, as you can see in the picture..So I need to locate a couple of those. It also looks like the wheels could benefit from 1/2" - 1" wheel spacer in the rear as they appear to be inset a bit. Not a big fan of spacers, but it's not a racecar. Can anyone confirm if this is something that people usually do when using the set of takeoffs I have? I'm assuming it's the throw out bearing making noise, but it's got a bit of a chatter and when I depress the clutch even just an inch it goes away.
12801206_1340477372632950_6766050248068780397_n.jpg

• Sponsors (?)