just bought another 2.3 stang

• Sponsors (?)

its got power windows and locks, rear defrost, but i dont know about premium sound. the stock headunit is gone in favor of some weirdo kenwood tuner that has a removeable faceplate but doesnt seem to do anything else.

how can i tell if i ive got teh premium sound? wouldnt there be a logo on the speaker grills?

andrw said:
ps can anyone identify what kind of wheels these:

http://img374.imageshack.us/img374/9316/dsc010802kn.jpg

are?
Mostly called "10 holes" for obvious reasons. They were a performance upgrade for the 5.0 in the 1980s and when the '91-'93 5.0's got the Pony wheels, the 10 holes were standard on '91-'93 2.3's. They are 15 inches by I believe 7.
OEM tire size was 205/65R/15. The widest tires I've seen on them was 225, but I've heard talk of 235s.

There is usually a factory amp under the passenger seat and if the stock speakers are still in it, there is a little label on the back side the sais premium sound or speaker, hard to remember. Another cue could be if it has all 6 speakers including ones in the door. Don't be fooled by the speaker grille, there may not be one behind it. It amazes me that it has the power stuff. A lot of the 93's I looked at in 93 did not have the power stuff with the sun room, Congrats

andrw said:
i actually havent had a chance to take much of a look at it. there is definately something under the passenger seat, but i think its the computer? is that possible?
the computer is in the kick panal so unless someone moved it(seen it done) that is your amp.

I just scanned this from my 1993 brochure.

The caption, that I didn't scan, says from left to right:
finned wheel cover (stnd on lx); styled road wheel ( incl in lx pref equip pkg), cast aluminum wheel ( optional on lx), and 5 spoke cast aluminum wheel (stndard on GT and lx 5.0)
View attachment 502877

I have an original 92 brochure too, but didn't feel like digging it out sorry.