Just found out there is a TSB on out Tremec 3650 Trans 4 Syncros..NE1 Have the TSB#?

It seems like there really is a TSB for out cars that makes the dealer have to rebuild our trans... I have experienced the winter (or first morning grinds of 1-2 and 2-3) since I got the car. Now it seems as there is a TSB.. I want to know if anyone has the official TSB #?! My car is in the dealer as we speak...

• Sponsors (?)

Hello, i was reading through the forum and found this post. I registered just to comment!

I have a 2008 Mustang GT with the 5 speed manual transmission. I live in Kuwait, where the temperatures range from 8 degrees Celsius to 60 degrees Celsius throughout the year. From the first day i got my car i have been having this issue with the second gear synchro... it always clashes and the shifting is very rough, i mentioned it to the dealership and they have always told me that this is regular for the Mustang GT and i have driven Mustangs before and this is the first one that has driven this way. My car has done around 41500 miles now and they still refuse to accept that this problem isnt regular.

I was wondering if you think this TSB will be valid for my car?

Hello, i was reading through the forum and found this post. I registered just to comment!

I have a 2008 Mustang GT with the 5 speed manual transmission. I live in Kuwait, where the temperatures range from 8 degrees Celsius to 60 degrees Celsius throughout the year. From the first day i got my car i have been having this issue with the second gear synchro... it always clashes and the shifting is very rough, i mentioned it to the dealership and they have always told me that this is regular for the Mustang GT and i have driven Mustangs before and this is the first one that has driven this way. My car has done around 41500 miles now and they still refuse to accept that this problem isnt regular.

I was wondering if you think this TSB will be valid for my car?

When you say valid, are you asking if they will do the TSB, or are you asking if the TSB is whats wrong with your car??? Either way here is some info.....bare with me its a little long, but well worth it.

You could always print the TSB and show it to them. But now with 41K miles, your out of the base warranty and TSB's are no longer covered by Ford. Remember, TSB's are not recalls. If you bought ESP, it may cover some TSB's, it would just depend on which ESP you bought. I had about 6 TSB's covered under premium care. Including a trans overhaul!

Here is a little secret though :D I'm not sure about in Kuwait, but in the US, dealerships are allowed to make whats called an AWA (After Warranty Adjustment). An AWA essentially covers the majority of a repair as if a vehicle is still under warranty. They usually ask you for some kind of $ participation. How much depends on what type of AWA. Now they dont have to do this, and they usually dont offer it unless they know the customer and he has a legitamate B*tch. And if you ask them about it they will probally be surprised as not many people ask or know about AWA's.

The two AWA's that I can remember are PO5 and P07. A PO5 is for smaller repairs (I beleive under $1500) and the dealership can approve it on the spot without contacting Ford and they will probally ask for $50-$100. A PO7 was for repairs over $1500. Now they will probally want like $500 or more from you for a PO7, but, AND HERES THE GOOD PART, It comes with a power train warranty. If I remember correctly, I think its for 5 years from the date of the repair :nice: If they're willing to do this its like getting ESP at a huge discount!

I would take your car in for the gear clashing and rough shifting. Dont say anything about the TSB or the AWA. See what they call you with. If they tell you its normal, I would find another dealer. If they call you with an estimate, I would then ask about the after warranty adjustment. And remind them that you have mentioned the concern to them before and that you know there's a TSB for it. If you have to ask to speak with the service manager.

Anyways, I may have been a little off topic, but figured this was good info worth sharing!

When you say valid, are you asking if they will do the TSB, or are you asking if the TSB is whats wrong with your car??? Either way here is some info.....bare with me its a little long, but well worth it.

You could always print the TSB and show it to them. But now with 41K miles, your out of the base warranty and TSB's are no longer covered by Ford. Remember, TSB's are not recalls. If you bought ESP, it may cover some TSB's, it would just depend on which ESP you bought. I had about 6 TSB's covered under premium care. Including a trans overhaul!

Here is a little secret though :D I'm not sure about in Kuwait, but in the US, dealerships are allowed to make whats called an AWA (After Warranty Adjustment). An AWA essentially covers the majority of a repair as if a vehicle is still under warranty. They usually ask you for some kind of $ participation. How much depends on what type of AWA. Now they dont have to do this, and they usually dont offer it unless they know the customer and he has a legitamate B*tch. And if you ask them about it they will probally be surprised as not many people ask or know about AWA's.

The two AWA's that I can remember are PO5 and P07. A PO5 is for smaller repairs (I beleive under $1500) and the dealership can approve it on the spot without contacting Ford and they will probally ask for $50-$100. A PO7 was for repairs over $1500. Now they will probally want like $500 or more from you for a PO7, but, AND HERES THE GOOD PART, It comes with a power train warranty. If I remember correctly, I think its for 5 years from the date of the repair :nice: If they're willing to do this its like getting ESP at a huge discount!

I would take your car in for the gear clashing and rough shifting. Dont say anything about the TSB or the AWA. See what they call you with. If they tell you its normal, I would find another dealer. If they call you with an estimate, I would then ask about the after warranty adjustment. And remind them that you have mentioned the concern to them before and that you know there's a TSB for it. If you have to ask to speak with the service manager.

Anyways, I may have been a little off topic, but figured this was good info worth sharing!

Thanks for the info!! I am a good friend of the salesman that sold me my car..even with a blower, clutch/flywheel, gears and traction bars and full suspension I am getting the trans re-built, they say its gonna b new fluid, and all new syncros better than stock...guess we'll see....