just got a new stang!!

S

superstang65

ok, i have a 65 stang, and i kno just about everything i can do to that to make it fast, but i just bought a 2002 GT. now i kno these cars a quite a bit different than the classics, and i need to kno what i can do that is relativly cheap that will give it more power. right now it has 2 cats removed, 2 flowmasters, and a K&N filter. i was planning on adding an X pipe, but dont kno which one would be best. so any input would be greatly appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

K first off....exhaust reccomendations is just gonna start a thread war. If you like the way those flowmasters sound...bump up and get an american thunder system, and an offroad H. That will be pure 60s muscle car just like ur old one. For a more exotic sound that might scare the pants off someone...go with an X pipe. Headers are your choice. After that, do some underdrive pullies, a new shifter, and some stickey tires. That should be plenty to indulge yourself into the mid 13s with practice.

EDIT: Oh and get some 3.73s or 4.10s

BAFMustangGT said:
4.10 Gears, No Less...

I agree. Also, Steeda ud pullies added 6 pk rwhp on the dyno, but really brought up the torque. Steeda timing adjuster is another good option for the $. EEC reflash or Chips can be a little more pricey, depending on what you get.

thank you all for your advice. i was considering getting the different gears, but how would that effect my fuel milage. i like going 80mph and only taching a little over 2. remember this is my daily driver, with a munimum wage job.... what difference does a different shifter make? so far i am extremly happy with this car, as i expected.

quick question: how do you think my stang will look if i get one of the billitt gas caps, you kno the aluminum ones? i have the light silver with almost black tinted windows, and the 5 smoke "premium" rims(like the amreican racing 'torque' rims) thanks again.

superstang65 said:
thank you all for your advice. i was considering getting the different gears, but how would that effect my fuel milage. i like going 80mph and only taching a little over 2. remember this is my daily driver, with a munimum wage job.... what difference does a different shifter make? so far i am extremly happy with this car, as i expected.

quick question: how do you think my stang will look if i get one of the billitt gas caps, you kno the aluminum ones? i have the light silver with almost black tinted windows, and the 5 smoke "premium" rims(like the amreican racing 'torque' rims) thanks again.

3.73s wont be too bad on ur milage. And i dont like billitt gas caps

Just as a gauge, at 70 mph, I run @ 2200 rpm with 3.73's. You have to decide which is more important. Can't beat 4.10's at the track. I'm was a little disappointed with the 3.73's. But on the hwy, I'm glad I don't have 4.10's

Billet gas caps are a preference. I personally don't like them, but if you do, who cares what anyone else thinks. I see them fairly often.