Just got back from Anderson new dyno numbers

Kdubslugga

Jun 7, 2003
Akron, OH
Just made my second trip to Anderson out in Central IL. Still not reaching the full potential of this motor its still running lean at 5500 rpm. It made 509.8 rwhp and 511TQ. Danny and Rick out there both are sure there is 525-530 out of this motor with a good enough tune and plenty of full. It sucks because the only thing i can do is add a 2500 dollar fuel system for 20 more HP, not really worth it, haha.This motor is done i dont wanna make anymore of a stock based block, however i would like to have it at its full potential and not have to shift at 5500, maybe someday!!

• Sponsors (?)

525 seems right on with the B21 and the other stuff you have done. I have a almost identical combo, so I guess I'll leave the stock head unit pulley on it.

I take it that you are tuning on 100 octane with no meth?

You could easily crack that 525 mark with Meth injection if you are not already using it.

You get to add timing and pull some fuel out with Meth, so by adding it (if you haven't already) your fuel system won't be as taxed as it is now.

There may still be hope for you!

Im using 93 Octane, They were actually concerned with my octance rating because Rick heard pinging, so they had to take timing out, which hurt the power considerable. They suggested there Meth kit, or and Aeromotive Stealth kit. Im leaning toward meth lol. I just want to rev this thing to about 6200, i dont wanna spend 2500 on an aeromotive kit for 20 extra rwhp.

so why dont you dial the boost down? Have you ever tried a different pulley? I'd bet that it makes the same power as you are making right now and you will actually be able to use the whole RPM range

I dont have a problem turning the boost down, i never thought id be outta fuel at 5500. Do you think if i move from a 2.95" pulley to a 3.12" that will make enough difference along with methanol injection or should i get a 3.33" pulley to make sure of it? I just wanna rev it to 6200 ish rpms. Not a race car here just a street car.