just got back from cecil. new best!

axeman

Founding Member
Feb 9, 2001
Elizabethtown, PA
welp, just got back from a pretty good day of racing. i was hoping to do a little better, but as long as i ran better than last time, i'm happy!

my new best is a [email protected]

first run was my best 60' of 1.78, but i ended up missing second gear pretty bad so i took it pretty easy down the track :mad: (i missed second gear on two other runs too, wtf). :bang:

next run was a new best of [email protected] with a 1.843 60'. i then ran a couple of crappy runs. bad 60's, missed gears, etc..

also ran a [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]

seems like the 4.30's definatly helped with almost a 2mph gain, but my average 60's were anywhere from 1.84 to 1.94. i definatly need a little work there. i need to work on the pinion angle i guess. my slicks are old and worn out and i think i will be ordering the new 27x10.5 ET Streets soon.
i was running through the traps ~5800 by my tach(might not be accurate though).

• Sponsors (?)

once in a while i do, but friday nights are too packed. i went the opening day and man was it terrible. all the lanes were full and cars were backed up past the entry booth. must be nice to live that close. does the noise bother you at all?

aw man i love living next to the track i can get in free anytime i want just hop the fence and the noise dont bother me at all i am so used to it only when they have like jet cars over there my whole house starts shaking lol

willys1 said:
Are you getting alot of wheel spin?

yes for some reason i was. i know the left lane at cecil really sucked. when you did your burnout, the car would swing sideways for some reason. that was happening to everyone. even when i launched a few times in that lane my car swung to the side. hell, one of my runs was a 2.0 something, now that sucks on slicks! my best times were in the right lane. but i couldn't always get over there. last year with the 3.73's i could launch at 5000rpm. seemed like if i went any higher than 4000rpm it would spin. i'm going to order the new 27x10.5 ET Street. i think they will definatly help with consistancy and hopefully lower my 60' a hair.

There is something there to find. Some tire spin is good (not good, but not as bad as you would think). I know on my 1.75 60's I have to steer the car as it walked sideways, but still seemd to 60 well.

Your car should 600 in the 1.6s so definately get some good tires on there and launch hard! It has a 12!

i think 12's are possible too, but i am having trouble getting my 60' down. i'm hoping it's because of my tires. i think if i adjust my pinion angle to -3* i could gain a little there too. i'll be ordering my new tires shortly, so next time i go to the track i will have brand spanking new slicks and have adjusted my pinion angle. lets hope i get atleast low 1.7's.

hey axeman, just to let you know that its probably not your car having problems with traction its probably the lack of track prep at cecil. Ive was running at cecil on Nitto 555r's and could only get 2.0 60ft times and then i went to atco and got an 1.67. Not many people are having luck with traction at cecil county so far this year. Your gonna hit 12s with that mph that your pulling :D