just got rims, Now i need springs, post em up!

OrangeMustangGt

Founding Member
Mar 7, 2002
Cape Cod, MA
hey guys, i need to get some pics of some lowered cars. Im trying to decide how much to lower my car, and what brand springs are best. Please post up pics of ur lowered cars and springs. here is mine, i did cut the front, rear is stock, i want to lower it so it looks good. thanks!

dsc01173.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

wtf? yours looks perfect.

I have stock rear springs and you wouldnt believe how high it sits.

from top of tire to fender its 4 in the rear and 3.5 in the front
Its cause my car's weight I guess

Just read his sig and you will see why it fills the fenders so well. He has " 18' ". Eighteen foot rims are huge!! :):)

Your car looks like it's sitting pretty good from the picture. If you want some choices fro springs there are FRPP C-Springs, EiBach, H&R, Saleen, or custom ones from a dealer of your choice. Also, it all depends on what you want the car to do. Handel great all the time, Be stiffer than crap for Road Racing, or squat and launch like hell for Drag Racing.

Does it matter what others think? They look nice but I like the 03 Cobras the best.

I see you like to take pictures in the woods too :) Kinda looks like its near a river or something actually

BlueOvalStangGT said:
OT, what do you all think of the rims I got? I love em but my freind told me yesterday I should have gotten cobra's so now im having doubts. :shrug:

I'd have to say that I personally would get something else if it were me, but that's only because I like 2K Cobra R rims so much. The ones in the picture look pretty slick on your car. What kind are they? I like them for the simple fact that you don't see them on every other Stang. I'm sure the regular chrome Cobra R's would look good on your car too, but there would be about 50,000 other Stangs out there with the same rims.

GreenMustangGt said:
hey guys, i need to get some pics of some lowered cars. Im trying to decide how much to lower my car, and what brand springs are best. Please post up pics of ur lowered cars and springs. here is mine, i did cut the front, rear is stock, i want to lower it so it looks good. thanks!
i hear that cutting the springs makes the ride terrible. go with 2" lowering unless you have big speed bumps or driveways that angle up off the street.

this is 2" MaxSpeed lowering springs ...

http://www.thecurls.net/Stang96/2003-08-28/index.htm

yeah, that is the stock rear springs, and i cut the fronts 1/12 but it is really saggy in the front now. Im thinking of i want a good 1-1/2 inch lower, those 18's are only about a 1/2 inch taller than my stock 16's. i put em side by side, the tire just has a larger sidewall. What brand would be good for that, say some fmsprings? i really think i want something progressive, but do i need that? i like how that steeda car looks, maby ill go for those! keep posting thanks i duuno, here is another angle
dsc01175.jpg
dsc01158.jpg