• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-

Just purchased paxton charger need help!

  • Thread starter Thread starter daviszx3
  • Start date Start date May 5, 2008
Prev
  • 1
  • 2
First Prev 2 of 2

BlownFiveLiter

have car, will race....wait, it doesn't run
15 Year Member
Nov 29, 1999
3,133
18
108
Chicagoland
May 10, 2008
#21
  • May 10, 2008
  • #21
Tom, stop looking for excuses to whore your engine bay!

 
W

want2blile

New Member
Feb 9, 2009
2
0
0
Feb 22, 2009
#22
  • Feb 22, 2009
  • #22
HELP I JUST GOT A USED PAXTON SN-2000 IT IS PRETTY HARD TO TURN THE PULLEY BUT IT MOVES I EAMILED THE GUY I BOUGHT IT FROM AND HE SAID IT TAKES 45FTLBS TO TURN IT IS THIS RIGHT?? OR IS THIS BLOWER BAD?? ALSO ANYONE KNOW IF I NEED TO CHANGE ANYTHING ON MY SET UP I GOT THE CAR WITH A FORD RACING CRATE 5.0 STOCK BORE AND STOKE GT40X ALUIM. HEADS E303 CAM, 24LB INJECTORS, 255 FUEL PUMP, COBRA INTAKE, MSD, NO POWER STEERING OR AC. IF ANY ONE HAS ANY INFO FOR ME I AM NEW TO MUSTANGS AND THIS IS MY FIRST PROJECT THANKS
 

BlownFiveLiter

have car, will race....wait, it doesn't run
15 Year Member
Nov 29, 1999
3,133
18
108
Chicagoland
Feb 22, 2009
#23
  • Feb 22, 2009
  • #23
It shouldn't take anywhere near 45 lb. ft. to turn the pulley. It should be able to turn freely, by hand. See if you can get your money back, I think you just got taken for a ride.

If you decide to keep it and have it rebuilt, you can use the 255 lph pump, but you'll probably want to step up to some 42 lb. injectors and matching MAF, unless you're running an FMU.

I removed your email address from your post, to prevent you from being spammed horribly once your post becomes cached by Google, Yahoo, etc.
 

blackened88lx

Active Member
Aug 9, 2006
0
4
28
Connecticut
Feb 22, 2009
#24
  • Feb 22, 2009
  • #24
Try recalibrating the FMU to be used as a paperweight and spend the money for a good tune.
 
W

want2blile

New Member
Feb 9, 2009
2
0
0
Feb 22, 2009
#25
  • Feb 22, 2009
  • #25
oK THANKS THATS WHAT I FIGURED I TIRED TO GET MY MONEY BACK GUY GUY JUST SAID SOLD AS IS . I GUESS I CAN MARK THAT ONE UP TO BEING NEW TO ALL THIS STUFF. ANY IDEA WHAT I CAN GET A REBUILD KIT FOR?? OR IS IT REALLY WORTH IT I SPENT $850 ON THE WHOLE KIT LOOKS LIKE EVERYTHING IS THERE BRACKETS, PULLIES, ALL THE BOLTS AND INTAKE PIPES,FMU ARE STILL IN BAGS AND SEALED.
 

BlownFiveLiter

have car, will race....wait, it doesn't run
15 Year Member
Nov 29, 1999
3,133
18
108
Chicagoland
Feb 22, 2009
#26
  • Feb 22, 2009
  • #26
Before you do anything, give Paxton's tech line a call and see what they recommend. It could be as simple as bearings, but it could have more involved. Their number is 888-9-PAXTON.
 
W

want2blile

New Member
Feb 9, 2009
2
0
0
Feb 22, 2009
#27
  • Feb 22, 2009
  • #27
ok thanks I will do that tomorrow
 

JBeezy53

Member
Dec 28, 2003
559
1
19
Sacramento, Ca
Feb 22, 2009
#28
  • Feb 22, 2009
  • #28
PM Speedytang. He is the Paxton SN series guru.

If thatphone number above isn't for Craig @ Paradise Wheels don't bother calling. Paxton sold the rights for the SN series to Paradise Wheels.
 
Prev
  • 1
  • 2
First Prev 2 of 2
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

F
86 notch NEED HELP!!!!
  • foxbody86
  • Jul 8, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
2
Views
130
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jul 9, 2026
Noobz347
Brake pad and rotor upgrade
  • Sparky714
  • Aug 7, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
16
Views
485
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Aug 17, 2026
Sparky714
A
Blow through intercooled questions
  • AngryH58
  • Aug 31, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
5
Views
180
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Sep 1, 2026
AngryH58
A
C
Fox Need help identifying brake setup
  • Cypher02xd
  • Apr 25, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
2
Views
175
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Apr 27, 2026
Mustang5L5
Fox Fuel Pump Issues After Replacement/Upgrade
  • Ryu
  • Jun 23, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
24
Views
900
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 13, 2026
Ryu
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?