Just registered today, have a couple of questions

dohc97

Aug 9, 2010
I just registered today but have been a long time peeper in here. I've had 2 Mustangs in the past, a 95 Cobra and a 97 Cobra, before I moved on to different brands of cars. I currently drive a 2003 BMW 540 and am seriously considering a 2012 Mustang 5.0. When I priced out a GT on Ford's site, what do I do with the printout? Do I just take it to the dealer? Can I still haggle from the price stated in the printout? Also, what option should I take to get the aluminum shift knob.

• Sponsors (?)

The price you get from building it online is the same that'll come up when you build it at the dealership (at least mine was) so you could go first and try to haggle the price and see how low they'll go. If it's less than 3K then leave, go home and join the Mustang Club of America (MCA) and then you'll get X-plan pricing which saves you on the price of the vehicle and also the options you add to it. Saved me about 3K and that's a fixed price that they won't come down from. They won't come off the price of the 2011's around here so I used the x-plan.

cdog,

That's a nice tip about joining MCA. I actually just got back from test driving a base 5.0 with 6 speed(the only 6 speed that the dealer has). The engine sound in the first 3 gears are just so addicting that you want to do it over and over again.

decisions...decisions...decisions...

MCA is a good choice but I thing there is a substantial annual membership fee if I"m not mistaken. I could be wrong. Anyway the sheet you get from the site is the MSRP of the car. You can take that to the dealership so they what options you want, the sheet does not reflect any factory incentives in your area so there may be discounts you can take advantage of. There is always option to go shopping at other dealers.