K.A.R. Fiberglass quality? Anyone put thier newest units on?

68converted

Nov 19, 2003
Colorado
My son and I decided to put on a 67 Shelby hood. I read as many posts as I could and it sounds like these guys make some darn good quality that requires very little work to finish. I guess they made their own form and it is working out pretty good for them.

Can anyone tell me how it worked out, looks, and quality from experience? Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

I purchased a 2 1/2 Inch Cowl for my 66 Coupe from KAR. First this is the first fiber glass part I have ever purchased but I was happy with what I received. The fit and the quality of the outside of the hood was nice. However if you plan on making a show car you will have to do some work on the underneath.

Well, my son is working his grandmother, mother, cousins, Uncles and Aunts to just give him money for the hood. So funny. Looks like he will have about $200 in gift money, and I will throw in the rest.

So now we are looking for the best quality we can get for around the $375-$450 range. The K.A.R. units can be had, off of their Ebay site, for $375. Anyone else want to chime in on other options that have great fit with a hi quality gel coat?