K&N FIPK or Roush Performance Cold Air induction Kit

The DeMolet will work with a 75 easily, and SHOULD work with a 90mm TB, but we haven't confirmed that yet.

We have a customer with a DeMolet with a Saleen blower, and I can't see the KB being any different. It should work fine.

• Sponsors (?)

I'm pretty impressed with the test results on the Densecharger/Demolet unit, and the K&N FIPK, vs. other CAIs, so it's pretty much a toss up between the first two. The K&N is probably a little easier to install and the lack of an angle/bend in front of the MAF is extra insurance for those who worry about that sort of thing.

To be honest though, I've also read alot of reviews, postings, and have talked w/various owners who have seen little to no documented gains with CAIs too, so for me, I decided to use the exta $ for other bolt ons, and I roll w/just a K&N drop in and the air silencer removed

propellerhead said:

Here's my Roush CAI... nothing fancy, just the way I like it...

Attachments

• DSC04357.JPG
    DSC04357.JPG
    62.6 KB · Views: 197
I have a question. I was pretty much dead set on getting the tunable induction intake, but ive been thinking about getting a k&n and then getting a ram air hood that leads air straight to the filter. Do you guys think there would be a big enough hp difference to make it worth the extra cash? Or should i just go with the densecharger?

UhadMEatGT said:
I took the old rubber snorkel off my stock intake and turned it backwards facing forward and slightly down, and then installed my K&N FIPK. It seemed to route the cold air in fairly well.

Can you explain this a bit more? I think I might try this with my FIPK.

How did you attach it? Is the larger end of the snorkel still closest to the filter (like stock)?