Kenne Bell Install - Squeaky Belt - Solved

Jasonwithana

Mar 7, 2017
So it's done and it wasn't horrible actually pretty easy install to say the lease. A lot of parts and for once I was only left with a. Few zip ties left over lol

My only complaint and it's the same as when I had my 08 gt500 After upgrading my 500 I had a nasty belt squeal until the belt warmed up. This car now does the same thing. Anyone know what to do about this ?

Attachments

• IMG_1159.JPG
    IMG_1159.JPG
    571.3 KB · Views: 264
  • IMG_1289.JPG
    IMG_1289.JPG
    556.7 KB · Views: 279
  • IMG_1338.PNG
    IMG_1338.PNG
    701.5 KB · Views: 265
  • Sponsors (?)

Problem is my belts not slipping. It only squeals at idle and up to 1500 rpm barely accelerating just driving normal on slow roads. And only squeals for about 10-15 min until it is warmed up and then goes away completely. Also if I get into the throttle while the belt is still cold it iliminates the squeal. Then when I go back to normal driving it squeals again. So I would agree with this if the belt was slipping. But i don't believe this is the case ..

My contention is that it's squealing BECAUSE it's slipping.

Here's a test:
Spray a small amount of belt dressing (from your favorite parts store) on the belt when it's cold. Allow cure time. If it's silent for that startup, it's slipping. If not, it may be time to look at individual pulleys for squeaky bearings. You can eliminate those one at a time, with a can of spray silicon lubricant.

My contention is that it's squealing BECAUSE it's slipping.

Here's a test:
Spray a small amount of belt dressing (from your favorite parts store) on the belt when it's cold. Allow cure time. If it's silent for that startup, it's slipping. If not, it may be time to look at individual pulleys for squeaky bearings. You can eliminate those one at a time, with a can of spray silicon lubricant.
Ok ok. Gotcha here I think. So it's slipping when it's cold but probably gets a little more sticky once warmed up which prevents the slipping. Gotcha. Ok. I'll stop on the way home And update tomorrow :D. Thanks a lot

If that doesn't help, get a gatorback... I gained 2 psi and ended the belt squeal when I swapped on my old KB car. I had issues with the belt squealing on my new procharged stang and immediately swapped the belt... guess what? Problem solved and it builds boost faster and gained 1 psi at 7600 rpm.

That's good info. Post up kit pics when you get it.
So the "kit" intailed 4 washers in a clear sac labeled "w/p" lol. Installed and am on my way to work right now and belt squeal is gone. So they said that Ford sometimes presses on the water pump parts harder on some cars and the belt rubs the side of the flanged pulley and that is what made it squeal this time around I guess

Attachments

• IMG_1339.JPG
    IMG_1339.JPG
    733.5 KB · Views: 209
Reactions: 1 user