keyless trunk release mechanism help

philcore3

Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Aug 20, 2004
I disassembled my car for paint. I am getting it all back together now but for some reason I can't figure out how the keyless trunk release mechanism goes back together. I have a 91 gt vert with the ford factory keyless entry/trunk release. I have a green wire(ground?) that attaches to a platic piece which is encased in a small metal bracket. This bracket must attach to the main trunk latch somewhere, but I cannot figure it out. Has anyone ever dealt with this? pictures somewhere? Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

am I the only fox vert/coup with a factory keyless trunk release?

Stangnet is my last hope for some info on how to get this keyless trunk release back together. The internet proved useless.

apparently I have a rare option. The keyless entry/alarm remote has the ford logo on the top and says vehicle security system. its got two buttons, a and d for arm and disarm I would assume. It is keyless entry and and alarm, and when you hold down the disarm button, it opens the trunk. We'll, not anymore until I figure this mother out.

ok, i am an idiot

The keyless trunk opener didn't work when I tested it because I didn't have it bolted on the trunk. No bolts= no ground, duh. Once i bolted it, whala! The green wire turned out to be for a trunk light that I don't remember disassembling.