Kicking a dead horse > Removing quad shocks

Not exactly. Even with aftermarket CA's, you can still have wheel hop. Putting LCA's doesn't automatically mean you can ditch the quads. I have Max Motorsports LCA's and new Upper CA's with all new bushings and had wheel hop without the quads. I put them back on and problem solved.

Personally, i don't know why you would want to remove them. They can only help you. If you are really strung out on ditching 3 pounds of weight from your car to run 0.0001 second faster...then i don't know what to tell you. :shrug:

Hmm, your the first I have heard to have the problem with new control arms. But that's good info tho. I ditched them on mine because I didnt know they wouldnt rub with a 10.5 wheel and 315's. So while i had it apart lowering it and getting ready to put the wheels on it, I just went ahead and took them off because I thought they wouldnt clear. Then I found out they would. If I had the bolt's or knew what size they were, I would be putting them back on right now.

• Sponsors (?)

After I removed my quads when I mounted my 315's and put on my LCA's I found out working on a friends car you can flip the quads to allow room for the wheels.

I made the mistake of removing mine and throwing the bolt's away and now I can't find out what size the bolts are to put them back on.
Also for the bolts on a quad shock, I think it is a 15mm.