Killed my second tranny last night

Zooted_plus

Jan 14, 2003
Dublin, CA
:nonono: Not in the stang, luckily... in my daily driver, a 93 olds cutlass cierra 3.3L with a 3spd automatic. It started slipping a few months ago but would still hold gear if I pushed real slow on the gas. Then last night while dropping a dinner date off, I go to reverse on a hill... not happening. So I get frustrated and just floor it.... nothing but slip. I eventually have to get my date to help me push the car backwards :( She was a good sport about it though.

Go figure... I have a 11 year old GM car with 95k miles, (serviced the trans at 92K, which is probably why its 6ft under) look what happens. Then I have the 39 year old stang, 110k miles and still kickin. I love Fords.

• Sponsors (?)

I was just commenting on how I must've burnt up the low reverse clutches, because I don't have reverse in my electronic th-125. And what a piece of junk general motors makes...although I did drive that car hard... but not in reverse!!

So I was able to drive home once we pushed the car back a few feet...Its still got a half tank of gas in it... I can't let that go to waste. I just have to make sure I either park somewhere I can pull forward out of, or roll backwards in neutral :D
So didn't have to get a taxi, she had to help me push because I didn't know anyone else in the neighborhood. Don't know what you mean by how did it go after you put the girl out.