Kinda Cool story... I just got pulled over.

poneypower89

Now everyone in the world will know I wanna bang t
Dec 6, 2004
Indianapolis, Indiana
Alright, I don't think I would have ever imagined this scenario while being pulled over but listen to the story.

I was leaving wal-mart after picking up some oil and a delicious bag of BBQ Fritos... Of course, anyone who has ever ridden with me knows that leaving wal-mart is the best part of the trip because if you turn right you get two lane hwy with flat ground and unusually sticky pavement. The road is actually an overpass that goes over 37 so there is a large shoulder on the right. Well, I leave wal-mart pretty much giving the stang everything it has and hit 75-80 right before the overpass (and still sideways for the most part) then I let off and bring it back down to 40 mph as the road goes into a one lane. About that time I see the blue berries and cherries. Yea, I have no idea where he came from. I pull over, roll down the window and turn my dome light on. The cop comes up and says "SHUT HER DOWN!" (caps cuz he is yelling). Then this conversation comes:

Cop: Man this isnt your day
Me: What? Why?
Cop: What do you think the speed limit is over that overpass?
Me: 55, right?
Cop: *chuckle* try 40mph
Me: Oh, I thought it was 40 where the lanes went to one
Cop: Have you been drinking?
Me: Nope
Cop: Good, that makes my job a lot easier. Can I have your liscense and registation
Me: Yes sir (gives the stuff to him)
Cop: Did you not notice the three blacked out cop cars sitting on the shoulder of the over pass?
Me: No I didn't sir.
Cop: Well, I dont think I've ever seen something acellerate that fast in that location all the years I've been in service.
Me: .... well... sorry? (kinda grinning though)
Cop: Yea, and I just pulled over a vette two hours ago for the same thing. He only got it up to 70 before the overpass... my radar had you at 81
Me: *speechless (sh#t)*

Cop goes back to his car and by this time the other three cops have shown up. Here is the conversation I hear between the cops because my window is still down

Cop 1: (cop that pulled me over) Well, whaddya think boys?
Cop 2: Man, I've always wanted THAT car when I was growing up
Cop 3: Yea, I begged dad to let me have one but he never let me buy one... now the wife wont.
Cop 1: Yea, you should have heard it when I pulled it over.. that thing sounded really mean just sitting there at idle before I told him to shut it down.
Cop 2: Well, personally... I would have done the same thing If i owned that car.
Cop 3: yea, me too...
Cop 1: ok... doesn't make it right... but whatever...

Cop 1 walks back up to my car.

Cop 1: So what year is this? an 89?
Me: Yeah, good guess... well, I suppose you got the registration to look at.
Cop 1: I didnt even glance at it. I know... 140mph speedo, no air bag, and tilt.. its an 89.
Me: WOW, used to own one of these?
Cop 1: Yea, I used too... Its long dead nowadays. Here is the deal. Im goin to let you go THIS TIME... but dont think I have too because three cops seen you driving wrecklessly.. You wouldn't stand a chance in court. I won't forget this car either, trust me. So watch yourself and please try to be nice to the mustang because this car is 18 years old and I dont see a whole lot of em anymore and driving it like that isn't going to keep it around very long.

Cop then walks around my car... even looks under it at the exhaust set-up.. then comes back to my window and says "Ok, you can leave now."

:jaw:

Wow, all I've ever heard is driving a mustang is asking for tickets... this time it actually got me out of one :hail2:

I still can't believe it myself... My favorite quote of the whole thing "I dont think Ive ever seen anything accelerate that fast" :rlaugh:

• Sponsors (?)

They all wanted one when they were growing up lol.

That's awsome man I had something like that happen to me too. But I was going about 50 (Km's) in 2nd and it turned into a 4 lane so I went right over to the right lane (no signal) and kicked it out sideway's than hit 3rd hard and seen the cop sitting in a parking lot right beside me......gave me the thumbs up and I just kinda wave'd with a weird look on my face...I later found out he has almost the same car as mine but a 91 Black GT.

And another thing like that happened in my 95. It was nighttime and no cars for a way's away and it was raining and I pulled out to turn left and went right sideway's. As I was sideway's I thought what the hell I'll do a full donut and continue on my way. Well durring my donut I seen cops sitting across the road so I drove by normally after getting it strait and waited to get pulled. He pulls me over and says what was that all about. I said well rear wheel drive and wet roads is kinda new to me I just got this car a few weeks ago. He said well it is a real nice car and that was kinda impressive but it looked like you ment to do that. I said well I didn't mean to get it sideway's but I was already half way around so I thought instead of hitting the brakes and backing up I would just continue and point it the direction I was intending on going. He said well it looked like have some good driving skillz and quick reaction's. Take it easy and have a good night. Thank you sir.

Roland69 said:
They all wanted one when they were growing up lol.

And another thing like that happened in my 95. It was nighttime and no cars for a way's away and it was raining and I pulled out to turn left and went right sideway's. As I was sideway's I thought what the hell I'll do a full donut and continue on my way.

HAHAHA, im sorry.. but im still cracking up over that part :rlaugh:

Blakthorn said:
ya got lucky man

yes I know... very very very lucky.

I usually dont break the speed limit.. it just get to it really fast. But it was late and I didnt see a single car in sight... I thought it was my chance to have some fun... :rolleyes:

I know I was very lucky... hence why i did the happy dance :D

I got a 6-PT $385.00 ticket for doing a burn out in my
86GT in the parking lot of my work. I moved about 5feet and got a ticket for wreckless driving.
This is what I didn't understand; He sites me for wreckless driving, but he saw me from the street while he was passing by-- he turned into the parking lot past me and did about 40-50 thru the parking lot in an unmarked car with a Starsky and Hutch magnetic blue light on the roof (I know their light was red but you get the idea). Now he drove thru lined parking spots, eye balling my cloud of smoke, then said I was wreckless driving. HMMMM of course I didnt say that to him.
So he gets out the car yelling LISCENCE AND REGISTRATION NOW!!!!!!!!! I gave it to him. He Yelled again. WHAT IF YOUR FOOT SLIPPED OFF THE BRAKES?!?!?! I told him I would of left off the gas??
So he continues on and says that he can only site me for 2 things on private property, 1- dui 2- wreckless driving, and he said you haven't been drinking. 6PTS $385.00 fine. OUCH.
Then had to go home and explain to wife.
Now the outcome of the story. Our shop @ that time did the alignments on most of the city patrol cars. (he was a city copper) I called and talked to the shop forman there and he said this guy was a bomb squad cop and has a bad temper, so dont get my hopes up. 3 weeks go by and I go to court to thow myself to the mercy of the court because I was guilty and knew it.
THE JUDGE was madder than the cop and wanted to hit me with max penality's. Judge turned to the officer and asked if that was suitable to him and the cop looked @ me and back @ the judge and said, Your Honor I think we should give him community service instead of the PTS and fine, Judge said are you kidding, officer said No Sir----- Judge said FINE 48 HRS community service. Pay court fee of $25.00 and GO. WHOA
I shoveled Police horse Doo for a like a month on Sat and Sundays. Better than the other way.
Didnt mean/try to steal your post but it brought back memory's. I guess that cop could care less about the Stang.

ive never been pulled over by a cop in the stang (knock on wood) but i have had a cop come up to me at a gas station and ask me about my car. he heard me pull in and wanted to know what i had done to it.

but you are pretty lucky man

That's hilarious! Sometimes you get lucky. I always am nervous when multiple cops are on the scene.

Sometimes it helps if the cop is/was a car-guy. If you hear them start to talk about "I used to have one...." then you know you have a chance. If they say "I always wanted one..." then be very careful what you say next. They may have resentment towards ppl that have stuff they wanted but couldn't get for some reason or another. Also, if they say they are a Chevy guy, then they are probably mad at Mustang owners b/c they've been smoked a few times, beware!

Here is one of my lucky ones:
One time I was pulling out left onto a side street where I couldn't see to the left real well. When I pulled out there were no cars to my right (that I could see). I noticed a car coming quickly from the left, so I let the clutch out and stepped into it. The tires broke loose a little and it sounded nice so I stepped into it more, lighting up the tires, and the back end came around getting me squirrelly. I straightened it up in my lane. Came up to the stop light a block away and looked up in my rear-view mirror. Mr. policeman was behind me with cherries going. I thought, WTF.

I pulled over and got out (you used to be able to get out without freaking them out). The cop got one foot out of his car and said "What were you doing back there?" I said that I was sorry, but that I just got a new clutch and it really grabs and I don't quite have the hang of it yet. :bs: He still only had one foot on the ground at this point and said "That's a nice car, get a handle of that clutch and be careful out there." :eek: Then he got back into his car. I got back in mine and waited to start it up because I just knew he was still going to give me a ticket(s). Then he started his car and went around me, leaving. I couldn't believe it, he just drove off. I sat there in disbelief for a second, then I left. Then went looking for a beer.

i haven't got pulled over yet. Except one time it was kinda wet out and I did a little burnout in a parking lot, 1 sec not kidding and barely screeched the tires. I pull into a spot to go into the flea market with my friends and when the door opens by it self i am like WTF? It was an off duty cop. He got my liceense and **** and called dispatch. Luckily noone was in my area and the guy threw my license back at me. This was all in my 93 buick.

The Force is strong with this one.
attachment.php

We have 2 Loser cops where i live. They are dispatched by the highways but they always seem to be on side roads nabbing people. The area i live in has 15000 people. The two of these officers got a award for giving out in 1 year fines totalling just north of 1 million dollars. Thats a heck of a lot of cash. I didn't contribute at all. The one officer has told friends of mine that he wants to nab me and he is watching me. Told them my car is a marked car. He will never get me in town though because i just don't speed in town. Bin there done that payed my speeding tickets and 1400 dollars on my 19 birthday because of points. Haven't got a speeding ticket since and it has been 9 years. I learned my lesson. I think he maybe pissed at me because we have this hill in our town that has a divider. Anyways he was going down the hill and i was going up it. I don't know how fast i was going because speedo was buried but i believe around 4 grand in 5th with 3.73 gears. This happened twice 2 years ago. The lights came on but there was no way he could get to the bottom of the hill and chase me. Anyways since then i have taken it a little easier. No need to piss them off anymore then i have.

sweet.....I bet all of us on here wish we could brag like that.

A year ago I was caught on the express way doing 115 mph....I got pulled over........somehow talked my way out of it without going to jail or a ticket.
I told the officer the truth....I started a new job and am late.