Administrative knowmoto - Brought to you by Stangnet - 1st Live Test - Mustang Week

Noobz347

Stangnet Facilities Maint Tech... Er... Janitor
Admin Dude
Jan 4, 1985
Box behind Walmart
From the StangNet team, we announce Knowmoto.

The first real test at Mustang Week at Myrtle Beach. Install the app and check out all the cool rides and follow your favorites:

Upvote your favorites!

As usual, constructive conversation about the app and how it works and operates is what we're going for.

• Sponsors (?)

Tried the app. The beacon thing is frustrating. Couldn't add my car. Also, seems like its a tracker that could lead people to me... maybe the wrong folks. Is a nice thing for meet ups and cruises.

The beacon is only bluetooth proximity sensor, there is no tracking. You checkin with your phone. The beacon is used to validate someone awarding you a trophy at a car show or event, and keep your friends from just 'liking' your car over and over from across the country. The trophy system will be used by manufacturers and event coordinators to give out prizes, awards and sponsorships. You want that free exhaust for your show car? Then use the beacon and they have stats that you went to X number of shows.

You have to have a beacon to add a car, else it just becomes over populated with rides that aren't actually on display. Our intent is to make the car social.

Million ways to use the tools we built...
Have a poker run with checkins at favorite local spots.
Go offroad and mark where you are for other riders to meet up.
Go to a show and filter our only cars for sale, or red cars, or ones that have wheels you are thinking about buying.

;)

Mike

In other words:

You only need the beacon if you're at a car show or meet and have a car entered there.
With your beacon tied to the car and activated, you could cruise the show or meet for the car that you're looking for.
Once you are in range of the beacon, you can use the app to upvote the car.

If you're not using the beacon or showing a car, you would then use the app to review the pertinent info of the car you're looking for, find it's location within the show, and upvote or comment or add images to the car's profile.

Car meets is the part I'm most interested in. Let's say your car club has a couple of units. They drive out to location X and activate their beacon. If you have an alert set for this person you get notified of the beacon location. Everyone on the app with notifications set would get a meet location.

One of the inspirations was a friend of mine. They have a local BMW M3 club that randomly shows up somewhere and meets, say a drive in diner. If you have the app, you set your interest to BMW M3 with the alert set. If someone with a BMW M3 goes live within 30 miles of your set location then you get an alert and can then find them and go check out their rides. Else you would never know they were there.

This week I could not attend Mustangweek because of family and covid. So I set my location in the app to Myrtle Beach. When someone with a beacon goes live, I get an alert and can check out their ride, see the posts they made from the show, etc. I just cannot upvote them remotely, that is what the beacon is for. Keeps the 'Trophies' valid.

We shipped about 200 beacons up to Myrtle for this week to users who wanted one. We built a scoreboard page for them. We are giving out T-shirts and some gift cards to the winners. This is how it can be used by coordinators and sponsors.

As we go, we will provide more details on the show. How many were Fox vs SN95, etc etc. How many had Flowmaster vs Magnaflow.

Mike

Reactions: 2 users
th.jpg

I gotta upgrade first :jester:

• Winner
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Well, I'm not at Mustang Week this year again, but I have downloaded the app. I'm trying to add my Cobra and have been able to add a photo, but the next section "Attach a vehicle" doesn't do anything when I select it. It just gives the "thinking" wheel. I can scroll through the different sections there and typed in "Mustang II" in the "My Vehicles" tab and nothing happens. I figure that's probably because it's not been uploaded yet, but I can type something there. Otherwise it's not doing much. I was able to add my location using the phone's location though. So how do you complete adding your vehicle? And I'm assuming you'd be able to add more than one since some of us have more than one car?

Screenshot_20200909-123059.jpg

Screenshot_20200909-123106.jpg

Screenshot_20200909-123127.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
From the StangNet team, we announce Knowmoto.

The first real test at Mustang Week at Myrtle Beach. Install the app and check out all the cool rides and follow your favorites:

Upvote your favorites!

As usual, constructive conversation about the app and how it works and operates is what we're going for.
That explains all the bad ass cars I’ve seen this week......

Well I wanted to get pics, but I showed up about 2:45 (the website said trophies were getting handed out at 3) and the place was a ghost town. Sorry guys. I saw some very cool and also some very ugly (why would you make a muscle car look like an import?) mustangs this week. I didn’t know this existed, so next year I will keep an eye out for it. Also, maybe my car will be done.
If anyone on this forum plans to head here for it next year, let me know.

Well I wanted to get pics, but I showed up about 2:45 (the website said trophies were getting handed out at 3) and the place was a ghost town. Sorry guys. I saw some very cool and also some very ugly (why would you make a muscle car look like an import?) mustangs this week. I didn’t know this existed, so next year I will keep an eye out for it. Also, maybe my car will be done.
If anyone on this forum plans to head here for it next year, let me know.

Hopefully, we won't have a repeat of all of the fascinating things that have occurred in 2020 and we can get back to 'useful' fascinating things. :D

I have to be honest some of this was 100% selfish. I was hoping to find someone with experience degreeing cams, so I didn’t have to try and do this from YouTube videos. No love.

You should have worn a sandwich board with cams glued to it and one of those toy fireman hats with the light and siren.

I would have bet money you'd have found someone then.

Follow me for more recipes!

• Haha
I did not count how many alerts I got for cars going live but it was a pretty good group of them. More than I could review. I figured I looked at about a third of them as they popped up.