Lambo doors?

I don't think anyone wants to do that regardless of their doors, but the cage in the car would surely help if the car flipped. ;)

How would you exit the vehicle if the doors have to be pushed up?

There was a story on here last year of a guy & his gf in a Lambo who flipped and burned to death because they couldn't get the doors open because the doors were pinned against the ground. :(

• Sponsors (?)

How would you exit the vehicle if the doors have to be pushed up?

There was a story on here last year of a guy & his gf in a Lambo who flipped and burned to death because they couldn't get the doors open because the doors were pinned against the ground. :(

Regular car doors routinely get stuck shut in accidents as well. One of my old GTPs flipped. I crawled out of the sunroof. ;)

So to bring this thread back on track....to the original question, i don't believe anyone (save for 1 member that i know of who never posts anymore) has done this or knows what a good kit is to use....so where do we go from here on this topic? Is it dead or do we drag it out in a flaming match until it's locked?

Loco5.0, sounds to me like you're dead set on doing it and any opinion you get otherwise you rebuttal. I would advise you do a web search, as there is sure to be lots of info and kits available and you'll save yourself from getting flamed any further. Look on eBay, lord knows there's gotta be kits on there.

So to bring this thread back on track....to the original question, i don't believe anyone (save for 1 member that i know of who never posts anymore) has done this or knows what a good kit is to use....so where do we go from here on this topic? Is it dead or do we drag it out in a flaming match until it's locked?

Loco5.0, sounds to me like you're dead set on doing it and any opinion you get otherwise you rebuttal. I would advise you do a web search, as there is sure to be lots of info and kits available and you'll save yourself from getting flamed any further. Look on eBay, lord knows there's gotta be kits on there.

Not really dead set on it. I just wanted to get some info first. Obviously I can';t get that info here. Too many morons.

I'd much rather do the ttop or targa conversion, but that will depend on what my body shop thinks & wants to charge for such a project.

Most of you would hate my friend's 99 GT since he has lambo doors on it. :nice:

I guess i'm a bit old school even though i'm still a bit young. I was raised by old school car guys and I like things simple and "clean" and i don't like a lot of mods to the appearance of a car.

Example, most guys would give their left nut for "Eleanor" whereas i'd much rather have the base GT500 that it was built off of.

In the end i'd respect you more for doing it after everyone called you stupid than for not doing it because nobody else likes it...who gives a damn what everyone else likes, me included. I think it's stupid looking, but it's your car and you have to be happy with it.

I can tell you for sure that there aren't many people on this forum who have done it, or if they have they're not talking about it. So, like i suggested, you'd have better luck searching the internet for manufacturers. I know it's a lot easier to do today than it was 4 or so years ago when the one member of this forum that i know of was doing it...he basically built his from scratch and had to engineer the whole thing, whereas today i know you can buy a hinge kit that's practically bolt in and go.

I say go for it dude, i personally love how foxes look with lambo doors.Would i do it, maybe if i had the money, but i really am not gonna put much effort into it tho. If someone would do it for free, i wouldnt say NO tho.

contrary to what eveyone here is saying, the door still opens normally. You cannot put a lambo style door onto a car that's not a lambo, the door has to open slighty , then lift up, you CANNOT rightly lift a car door up while its in the frame can you? NO, and the latch mechanism works horizontally not vertically, so to the guys who are saying you will dye when the doors wont open read and learn.

I say go for it dude, i personally love how foxes look with lambo doors.Would i do it, maybe if i had the money, but i really am not gonna put much effort into it tho. If someone would do it for free, i wouldnt say NO tho.

contrary to what eveyone here is saying, the door still opens normally. You cannot put a lambo style door onto a car that's not a lambo, the door has to open slighty , then lift up, you CANNOT rightly lift a car door up while its in the frame can you? NO, and the latch mechanism works horizontally not vertically, so to the guys who are saying you will dye when the doors wont open read and learn.

That was the most uneducated and ignorant post I have read in at least 2 months.

The door opens vertically... Oh God nevermind my IQ is too high for this. I'm going back to BHR.

That was the most uneducated and ignorant post I have read in at least 2 months.

The door opens vertically... Oh God nevermind my IQ is too high for this. I'm going back to BHR.

whats so wrong about the post, the striker and latch mechanism accepts the door clasp on a horizontal plane, not a vertical plane, you dont pull the door down into the latch. YOu lower the door , then close the door normally. :nono:

Okay... Look...

Does the bloody door open enough horizontally for a person to get out, or is it just enough to clear the frame?

If it opens 2 feet out as well as gives you the option to raise it vertically then I will agree that the set up you are talking about would be safe.

However, that is NOT how Lamborghini does it. If it was then 2 people wouldn't have burned to death.

Why no reply... R U mad at me? I can't take this silence...

Come back!!! :mad:

<3

Guys it not that we HATE you. It's just that most of us are Mustang fans and we naturally are resistant to change. I just don't like showy cars because they're just that.

Do what you want, but when you are lying there upside down, thinking "Dammit Strype was right" don't call me.

:p

If you REALLY want info on this, do a members search for raininfire. He's the only member that i know for sure has done it. He didn't post for a long time but he just posted last night over in the BHR so if you PM him he'll probably get it. Like i said back when he was doing it there weren't any kits and he was doing his all custom..but he probably knows more about it than anyone else would.

Now i feel that i've given sufficient help and be warned that i hereby feel free to flame and point fingers and laugh :D