latest enginebay mods

95opal

5 Year Member
Nov 16, 2004
Well after debating to get rid of the stock fuel rails for a few months, I finally gave in and put in some BBRC polished rails. I also added the Aeromotive A1000 platinum regulator and tossed the factory lines. In the process of mocking everything up I ran into a situation that led me to delete the A/C. While everything was apart I also offed the stock PCV setup in favor of a set of valvecover breathers and deleted my cruise control. All in all it turned out pretty good as there is a lot less crap hanging out in the bay now.:nice:
On to the pics!

View attachment 316100
View attachment 316101
View attachment 316102
View attachment 316103
View attachment 316104
View attachment 316105

• Sponsors (?)

Sweet and Love the low bling. I'm not into a bunch of chrome/billet either. Is that a billet smog pump pulley? I saw Summit had one but had no picture of it. I thought is was the pump eliminator one? My plastic one is shot.

I pulled my A/C and WOW...not only is that stuff HEAVY but it also cleans the bay up with all the lines out of the way.

Did you just undo the cruise control cable and pull it out or what? Anything else you can remove related to the cruise? My cruise cable has been broke for years and I just have the end that connects to the t-body zip tied out of the way.

Very sharp :nice::nice:

damn your engine bay is about as tight as it gets
:hail2:

Thank you!
Sweet and Love the low bling. I'm not into a bunch of chrome/billet either. Is that a billet smog pump pulley? I saw Summit had one but had no picture of it. I thought is was the pump eliminator one? My plastic one is shot.

It is actually the smog pump eliminator pulley as I have deleted all the smog and egr stuff.

I pulled my A/C and WOW...not only is that stuff HEAVY but it also cleans the bay up with all the lines out of the way.

Did you just undo the cruise control cable and pull it out or what? Anything else you can remove related to the cruise? My cruise cable has been broke for years and I just have the end that connects to the t-body zip tied out of the way.

Very sharp :nice::nice:

The cruies control cable was pulled out of the bay and then I modified the bracket so it would just accept the throttle cable. I will post a pic of the modified bracket for ya.

Looks good rich, what made you decide to upgrade the fuel rails?

Well I have been playing with the idea all winter, mostly to get rid of the factory lines and clean it up. I was also planning ahead for the new set up I want to run and it will for sure be way past the limits of the stock rails when Im done. I did get a little push from Tom to get it done as I have talked to him about it more times than he wanted to listen Im sure.

Tom, thanks for staying on my case on this.:Teh-Win:
Im am so glad I did it because it just made a world of difference IMO.

why pull the cruise control though? was it not working any more?
mine doesn't work ... maybe i should yank mine out too

I basically pulled the cruise just to get rid of the extra cable and that bulky bracket. I mean I dont think I ever really used the cruise but a couple of times since Ive owned the car. So the decision to remove it was really a no brainer for me.
In your case if it dont work whats the sense in keeping it? More free space in the bay the better IMO!

I think I say this every time you post pictures of your car but DAMN I LOVE OPAL FROST! Everything looks great!

Adam

Thanks Adam..... Im always trying to improve her.

that looks freakin awesome. what situation lead you to delete the a/c?

Ryan.....If you look at the second pic you will see where the A/C lines used to go into the firewall, were the regulator now sits. Well, In order to get it right so that I could run the AN line from inside the fenderwells to the regulator and rails. I was forced to remove the A/C so that I could mount the regulator in that location.
Beleave me I tryied to avoid removing the A/C. I just couldnt get it to work out to my liking in any other position.
Could I have gotten it to work with the regulator in another location? Im sure but it wouldnt be as neat and clean of an install as it is now and you know how I am about keeping the enginebay "tight" as blackvert would say. lol

Notice in this pic the hard lines from the fenderwell have been removed and tucked back into the well. Getting all the A/N lines run nicely and out of the way from that point really dictaded were I could mount the regulator.

View attachment 315828

i figured that the canister and the lines were in the way of the regulator, but i didn't think you were unwilling to compromise on the location. makes sense now though. again, looks freakin killer Rich