LC-1 Wideband Wiring Problem 12V Source

Rickyll7

Dec 16, 2005
I am trying to install my LC-1 and can't seem to find a 12V source that is only powered when the ignition is on. Does anyone have any suggestions on how and where to wire in this wideband? I want to do a permanent install to my Livewire.

• Sponsors (?)

Haven't been able to connect it yet as I am still running my SCT chip. I am waiting for my tuner to email me my tune so I can flash the computer and get rid of the chip.

Try taping into the fuse panel. Look for an empty spot. (not sure if 03's have one). Or look for the power window and door lock fuse. Should only be on when the key is and doesn't pull constant power (might double check that and see what else is on the circuit). The Lc1 doesn't pull much power so you should be ok.

Do not, I repeat, Do NOT wire ANYTHING into any type of fuel related circuit. There are a ton of key on only circuits in your car. Hell, the radio one will work if nothing else. Wire a relay in and don't look back.

Wouldn't hurt if ur afraid of hurting ur car. It will pop the relay before anything bad happens if u over load it. I did NOT wire a relay on my lc1 but then again I had a seperate aux fuse box for all my electronics (on a fox body).

the ignition source (12v while cranking) is either a red/light green or red/black on a 99-04
or on a 96-98 tan/white or black/light green. verify with a multimeter!

the wide ban doesnt take that much current. you shouldnt need a relay to isolate it, just fuse it.
for your connection..just strip back the wire, poke a hole in the middle of it, put wire through, solder if you want, put a zip tie two inches down from the connection(to relieve stress at connection joint), then wrap your connection with "super 33" electrical tape. that stuff is the BEST!

Wow, didn't see the last reply, thanks for that! Where do I find these ignition wires? I suppose they are in the column somewhere?

exactly my friend. :D there is a main harness going to the key cylinder. all of these wires go into a big connector. there are probably 20 wires iin there or all different wire colors. so be sure to test, test, retest, then make your connection. :nice:

I really am feeling quite lazy and don't feel like getting into the column. What about the heater/airconditioning fuse. It's 30 amps and is only powered when the ignition is on.