Roush Leaking intercooler

mat82284

Jul 31, 2003
Ok lately i have noticed my resivour tank almost empty every couple of days so i refill it. Today i tightened down every hose and ran the car for a little while at 2k rpms. The whole time white smoke is coming out of the exhaust and i start to notice water coming out of my tips. If my intercooler is leaking and water is getting into my engine then this is not good. I'm thinking of buying that stop radiator leak stuff and see if that does anything. If not ill be buying the chicane intercooler as i need a replacement. Has anyone ever had a leak? What about using the radiator stop leak stuff did it work?

• Sponsors (?)

I take it it is only the supercharger resevoir and not the radiator tank? There is a product that you have to drain all the antifreeze out and flush with water and drain again it only works with water to seal. Oriellieys I think sells it.
My only worry is will it plug up the radiator (intercooler) fine lines and or heatexchanger? Was the car up to full operating temp. I have seen water and steam come out of exhaust for a while until full temp. still dosnt explain where the water is going thoooooo. If you can see water out of both exhaust pipes you should be loosing quit a bit of water not just a little in a couple of days.
I blew a head gasket on my 89 Saleen and I drove it home (9 miles) and my water level was way down, almost empty.
You might call Mark at Performance auto sport Performance Auto Sport in Richmond, Virginia
He may have come across this.... Scott