Leaking Town car

Since it’s not being driven because it my FILs car and he can’t drive, I’m leaving the carpets pulled back and propped with 2x4s. Might speed the dry time. We’re considering selling it. I’d even give @LaserSVT dibs on the purchase.
 
That's the second bucket I've vac'd out. I'm considering getting some bungees and putting a tarp over it, until I can get more time to look at it. I would put it in the garage, but it looks like an episode of hoarders.

got the video to load, that "wet" look on the black rubber at the end is not water but some type of grease or silicone.

 
Going to see about getting the windshield replaced under insurance.
Been kinda busy (read hectic) the past few days. 2018 has passed and 2019 is not going to relent.

I noticed yesterday, after I got home from work, that there is a crack on the drivers side of the windshield. I placed a piece of tape where the crack stopped. This morning when I checked on it, before leaving for work, the crack had expanded several inches. It is now between 10" -14" overall. Not sure how the crack got there since it is not being driven, but it appears to have a miniscule impact mark about an inch above the cowl.

Could it be possible that the water is entering there and running across the inside of the frame or cowl, then down between the fire wall and the black rubber mat on the passenger side?
 
Super Duty trucks (and excursions) are known for having leaky windshield seals that lets water in and cause all kinds of electrical gremlins. I don't think they let that amount of water in though, and definitely not into the back seat...
 
Got the windshield replaced today. Does seem to be drying out slowly over the past few days. Carpet is still pulled up as far as possible without passenger seat removal. Got 2 tubs of damprid sitting on the floor to help speed up the process. Might be some rain tomorrow.

should I leave it uncovered and see if the water inside increases after the rain, or should i tie down a tarp over it?
 
Update

Tracking the leak further. It appears to be coming in from somewhere just above the air vent box on the front passenger side.
 

Attachments

  • 0C4B902D-589D-4276-BC39-6283802234AE.webp
    0C4B902D-589D-4276-BC39-6283802234AE.webp
    112.2 KB · Views: 4
  • 01C180B8-21FB-4803-9B10-CF182A95672A.webp
    01C180B8-21FB-4803-9B10-CF182A95672A.webp
    160 KB · Views: 5
  • FC741FA3-B5AE-49BE-A615-E0243DA70C68.webp
    FC741FA3-B5AE-49BE-A615-E0243DA70C68.webp
    154.4 KB · Views: 4
  • Like
Reactions: Ronin38
Look for a drain hole on the firewall near the ac hoses, it likely will be down low and may have some rubber looking seal with a small hose sticking out, you can try to shoot some air into it or a wire just don't jam a wire in there very far, don't want to stick the evaporator