Leaky Procharger

dude496

Jun 18, 2006
Since i bought my car, i've had continuous issues with the procharger losing oil...found out my first leak was the drain plug seal failed. Then a few weeks ago, i noticed while under the hood with car running, small amounts of oil was getting flung up from the input shaft area. I'm running a P-1SC in the car.

So i decided to tear the supercharger apart to find out where it was leaking from. I found out that the input shaft seal was the culprit. I tried to get a rebuild kit from procharger, but nope...they dont sell rebuild kits. I then asked if i could send the gearbox side of the case in to get it serviced...nope, gotta send the entire supercharger in for repairs. So that would have meant that i would have had to mail in my charger, wait for it to get fixed, and the entire time not have a car...no way i was gonna drive it without the charger since it was dynoed for it.

Well since procharger was acting the way they were...and i mean that by no offense at all, i actually understand why they would do that. I did a little searching on google (y'all probably already know this) I found out that NAPA sells the seal...they call it a rear pinion seal. The part number is 11625 Just figured i'd let y'all know about it. I was very weary about purchasing it since i couldnt see it, had to order it online. Everything about the seal is identical...including the green teflon (i'm guessing its teflon) coating around the outside of the seal. So no more leaky procharger :D I love google!

So off topic of my post...but now after digging around under the hood...how do i tell if i have the stock TB? And if i do have a stock TB, is it worth upgrading on a S/C car? Do the aftermarket TB's look different? Also, I'm looking at upgrading my exhaust...currently it just has flowmaster 40's welded into the stock pipes...whats a good free flowing exhaust, thats not terribly loud? I want a little rumble...but not deafing loud, i do take the car on road trips occasionly.

• Sponsors (?)