Learned a hard lesson today

Only about half of my molding has stickers, the rest seems to be red plastic....

i'll show you what i mean
before
View attachment 270636

after
View attachment 270637

before
View attachment 270638

after
View attachment 270639

you'll notice in my second set of pictures... the red is still there. thats not a coincidence. I noticed some of the stickers coming off them self, so i got the heat gun out and started pulling them off, only to realize they weren't all stickers.

Other than paint, what are my options? Does anyone have a source for that trim?

• Sponsors (?)

We painted a friends 89 GT and his door moldings were the same way. It was like the stripe was part of the molding on the doors. And as far as I know the car had the original paint before we started on it. Don't half ass it by putting a black stripe over the red. I say, spend a little extra time, and give the moldings a fresh coat of SEM trim black. There is a great product called bulldog adhesion promoter that works good to help prep the moldings before paint.

You can still get either the red or black 3M striping from Graphic Express. They will sell you the correct width, and enough to do one car, plus a few extra feet, for mistakes! It is kind of a pain to apply, but as long as you are starting with a very clean surface, you should have no problems. The Ford color for red is actually called 'bittersweet red' for what its worth.

ide tape off the moldings and repaint them black personally.

or...

201343_front200.jpg