Leaving Exhaust Off

Zurk

Jan 21, 2017
Hey StangNet!

I'm a new owner of a 2015 Mustang GT, and loving every bit of the ownership!
I have one quick question. I spoke with a mechanic about leaving the exhaust off until my x-pipe and axle back exhaust comes in. He told me there shouldn't be any problems mechanically if I did that, except some back fire, and maybe throwing a check engine light on. So, I went ahead and took it off for now.

I removed the exhaust from the mid pipe clamps, so there is still the catalytic converter, o2 sensors and such there. Please post your thoughts and opinions about the exhaust being left off,

• Sponsors (?)

I think personal preference will be key here.
But since you are asking for opinions,mine is- no mufflers has to just be obnoxiously loud,Drone like crazy,tons of fumes and vibrations.. Im not well versed in how fairly new cars will react,but I would think missing a chunk of the exhaust system would play hell with the computer.
And...
Welcome to Stangnet :)
Add pics of your car,and post up your new exhaust when you get it

I think it will be fine mechanically. If you can stand the smell and drone I say roll with it. Your neighbors on the other hand may feel different. I got lucky and the retired guy next to me loves hearing my boosted American monster! He said he thinks the whistle is neat lol.