left rear sagging

Torinalth

Founding Member
Jul 16, 2002
Clayton NC
hey guys

I have been noticing that my left rear is lower then the right side. the isolators are still correctly placed, and the spring has not rotated. both tires are the same size and pressure. both shocks are new (15k) bilsteins. what could be causing the lower left? LCAs? UCAs?

Torinalth

• Sponsors (?)

I know you said your shocks are new, but defects do happen ( even, IMHO, the best). is there a way to tell from visual inspection if your left shock is defective?

stupid question time.

are you parked on a flat surface? with the solid axle when one side goes down, the other goes up. sounds like common sense, but some people don't think about it.

only way i can think of to test defects is to put it on a compresssor and see what it takes to compress... i cant quite do that :p but no leaking fluid...

as far as a flat surface... i keep looking and whatnot... and the left side IS sagging... its either flat, or the left is sagging.. never see the right lower. however... i wont be able to tell till friday. house sitting now and its a apartment parking lot so i cant tell... when i get back to my house on friday i'll park in the garage and take some measurements.

this is why i just want to pull it all out and go IRS.

Torinalth

Its normal for your left side to be lower than the right. This is due to you sitting in the car. More than likely you dont have a passenger in your car most of the time so that explains why your left sags more than the right. The difference isnt going to be much, maybe 1/4-1/2 in lower not 1-1/2 in though.