lemme see your 85-86 with rims

91lxvert

Dec 13, 2003
lemme see your 85-86 with rims(or 87-93 if same setup)

lemme see your rims and what are the specs on 85-86 mustangs.

im not sure what rims fit or what the spcs re for 85-86's as in backspacing, size, lug pattern depth and what not

any help is greatly appreciated!!

edit: make that any rims on anyyear, i love the basic cobra rims and such but wondering what other rims are out there that fir

• Sponsors (?)

If your car has 4 bolt (stock) any mustang rim from 1979-1993 will fit. You can put 15,16,17 inch rims on your car depending if it is lowered or not. If it is stock 17 should fit ok but I guess it would depend how wide the tires are. With wider rims I think you want 5.5 back space sometimes 6.5 but 5.5 would be better. The hole spaceing is 4.25 I think ( the holes are 4.25 apart) I could be wrong. Remember when you add larger rims it changes the speedo so you need to get A new gear drive. There are tons of awesome rims out there I hope this helps.

changing rim size wont change the speedo at all. if you change the rim size but keep the same tire height you will be fine. like instead of running a 225-55-r16 you can run a 224-55-r17 and it wont change a thing except the rim size and the profile of the tire

It's for sale.... Wheels are Riken 16x7

DCP_3257.jpg

i am going with 99GT rims. they are 17x8 if im not mistaken.

this is the pic of the car that i really liked, so i went out and bought a set myself. if this is your car....thanks

85GTlover said:
If your car has 4 bolt (stock) any mustang rim from 1979-1993 will fit. You can put 15,16,17 inch rims on your car depending if it is lowered or not. If it is stock 17 should fit ok but I guess it would depend how wide the tires are. With wider rims I think you want 5.5 back space sometimes 6.5 but 5.5 would be better. The hole spaceing is 4.25 I think ( the holes are 4.25 apart) I could be wrong. Remember when you add larger rims it changes the speedo so you need to get A new gear drive. There are tons of awesome rims out there I hope this helps.

changing to a bigger rim should NEVER affect your speedo etc. if it does you aren't performing the upgrade correctly. DO NOT go to a taller tire than stock or it will hurt your performance. it will INCREASE breaking distances as well as INCREASE your effective rear gear ratio (ie 2.73's will be even longer). it is also quite likely to cause rubbing issues. stock tire height is ~25.6". if you go with a 17x8 rim you would want 245/45/17 tires to keep the stock height. you can go wider with the tire as long as the aspect ratio is less, to get the same overall height.

what rims fit? too many to list. even more with a little work.

back spacing? this depends on what width you want to use and if you're keeping the stock suspension.

-steve