lentech users who installed their tranny , help please

tvmango

Oct 27, 2003
bradenton florida
ok, I got a fox, just got a 2nd hand "new" lentech, supposed to be strip terminator, with trans brake....

I got 3 wires I don't know what to do with.. trans brake and o/d I assume,,

also I'm confused, I thought these had a fixed throttle pressure, but it has the throttle pressure lever with the shift lever.. Do I hook it up?

and do I need spacers or anything for the lentech convertor??

I know this is alot of ?'s but I figured I would ask, I will call lentech next week if I can't get info from you guys,, thank you,,, tony

• Sponsors (?)

I am by no means an expert, but I have talked to Len several times and I am just getting ready to install a Strip Terminator vb w/ brake. There is a user guide on his website that has some good info in it, it's worth getting.

As for the wiring, the single red wire should be for the OD, while the black and white wires should be for the brake. If you are using a non-lockup converter - Len told me to switch on the ground side, while if you're using a lockup converter you will want to switch on the power side. This has to do with re-applyign additional clutches in 3rd gear.

This tranny should NOT use a tv cable.

Anyway, I'd make sure you understand everything before doing it, otherwise it will be an expensive mistake. You can email or call Len, though he told me he prefers to be called.

I thank you much for you info!! I didn;t see that info, but I just found it, I clicked on the "info" button before, but didn't see the user one on top..LOL I need to get a copy of the reciept from this guy, so I can get part#'s from him,, Does yours still have the throttle valve lever too? kinda weird to have I thought....

89MustangGX said:
I am by no means an expert, but I have talked to Len several times and I am just getting ready to install a Strip Terminator vb w/ brake. There is a user guide on his website that has some good info in it, it's worth getting.

As for the wiring, the single red wire should be for the OD, while the black and white wires should be for the brake. If you are using a non-lockup converter - Len told me to switch on the ground side, while if you're using a lockup converter you will want to switch on the power side. This has to do with re-applyign additional clutches in 3rd gear.

This tranny should NOT use a tv cable.

Anyway, I'd make sure you understand everything before doing it, otherwise it will be an expensive mistake. You can email or call Len, though he told me he prefers to be called.

tvmango said:
I thank you much for you info!! I didn;t see that info, but I just found it, I clicked on the "info" button before, but didn't see the user one on top..LOL I need to get a copy of the reciept from this guy, so I can get part#'s from him,, Does yours still have the throttle valve lever too? kinda weird to have I thought....

I'm just installing the vb, not the whole tranny. I'm still not sold on an auto (this is my first) so I'm taking it slowly.

Len was extremely helpful, and I would definitely give him a call with ANY questions you have. Just ask for him when his shop answers.

cooool, thank you for your help.... tony

89MustangGX said:
I'm just installing the vb, not the whole tranny. I'm still not sold on an auto (this is my first) so I'm taking it slowly.

Len was extremely helpful, and I would definitely give him a call with ANY questions you have. Just ask for him when his shop answers.