Lentech valve body owners, come inside......

qwiktim

Founding Member
Nov 26, 2001
N.E. Ohio
I just installed a Lentech Strip Terminator valve body into my AOD. While all seems to work fine, there is a delay in shifting when you manually shift it. I'm used to a transmission that shifts into the next gear as soon as the shifter clicks, but this one shifts about 200 or 300 rpm after you click it. If you hold it in first or second, and click it up a gear at 5200, it waits a little and shifts at about 5400-5500.......not instantly. If I click it up as soon as the shift light comes on, it stays on for at least 200 or 300 rpm before it actually shifts..........doesn't seem right to me. Even with my stock valve body, it would shift as soon as the shifter was clicked forward. What is your Lentech valve body like?

• Sponsors (?)

well, although i dont have the lentech valvebody, i do have the Art Carr manual valve body, and when i shift to the next gear, the shifter just barely gets into the next gear, and slam! tires chirp and u get a case of whiplash.
umm i dont know how mechanically inclined you are, but did u check the level, and it should not be over the full mark when you check it(running in park) and did u use the correct fluid-i used dexron mercon III with a 1/2 of LUCAS trans oil stabilizer- it called for ATF type II but thats just a stickier trans fluid and will really make it shift hard, but other than that if u installed it correctly, the valvebody bolts torqued to 8 ft lbs, then i dont see where your problem could lie, hope i'm not telling you stuff you already know,(edit:actually i know im telling u stuff u already know) but anyway.Good Luck :nice: